Up Before The Crack of Dawn for CMHQ UPDATE!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Who needs sleep when there is WORK to be done?!? Well certainly not the commited staff at Combat Mission HQ!!!

Ok, lets get moving...For today we offer you:

Heavy Metal page 4 ....Quickly becoming CMHQ's most popular event ever!!! Some very nice new pics up today...Pay special attention to the numerous changes in the vehicle info window!

We have also updated both the Did You Know and Quick Tactics taglines!

So set your course and head out!

combathq.thegamers.net

"If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!!!"

Madmatt out...and just getting started! wink.gif

BTW 14 exclamation points there! Oh 15 now... biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-23-99).]

Guest Madmatt

Doug,

I certainly agree but you must understand that this whole idea just came from Fionn and I chatting about stuff one day and I said 'Hey, wouldn't it be cool to show a big Tank Battle with lots of cool German Stuff?!?" So it was never meant to be a fair fight, just a neat looking one.

Once Fionn sent me the first batch of pics, the idea of Heavy Metal just sort of sprang out of my ever creative and shaved bald, head! wink.gif

Enjoy um people, they are up there for you! biggrin.gif

Madmatt out...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Hi guys.

Thanx for the pix Matt!

Could any of you direct me to some at least basic info about different tanks? I know that Tigers rock, that shermans are the US's MBT, but the difference between a panzer and a jadpanzer is lost on me.

Thanks

Jonathan

------------------

For the last time, you don't need antibiotics!

Freyland

"but the difference between a panzer and a jadpanzer is lost on me."

The panther was a medium combat tank, and Jagpanzer is a Heavy tank destroyer.

The major diffrence is that the panther is a mbt that has a 360 turret and a medium class gun. The jagpanther is built on the same chassis but modified to be a better killer of armour. The turret was removed for a low profile (HARDER TO SPOT) and increased frontal armour(HARDER TO KILL) and a larger main gun(EASIER TO KILL WITH). but the gun since its mounted on the front of the tank can only pivot a centain amount (Madmat had a pic of this)

Aye, Matt and I were having one of our almost-daily ICQ meetings to discuss what we were going to do next and we were stumped so I asked Matt to think of something he'd like to see and I'd take a few pics of it.

Matt said he'd like to see some HEAVY tanks (as opposed to lil' tanks wink.gif ) and I said I'd do some pictures up and get back to him in about 45 minutes. Well I missed that deadline since I ended up getting excited by the possibilities and ended up creating a full scenario and taking 36 pictures and actually playing the scenario and captioning them instead of taking 4 or 5 static pictures of the big tanks.

Like all of the best ideas it just appeared out of nothing.

Freyland,

The Jagdpanther was basically a lower, more heavily armoured and more heavily armed tank than the Panther. It carried an 88mm L71 instead of the 75mm L70 which basically meant it carried the same gun as the King Tiger. Thus it can kill ANYTHING it can see wink.gif. It is also virtually impervious to anything less than a 76 and even wih a 76 you have to be very lucky to kill it.

Of course, I lost a Panther to an M8 Greyhound yesterday in one of the Siegfried Line Operations. Bloody M8 shot its dinky little 37mm gun and penetrated the front hull of the Panther at a critical weak spot frown.gif.

They didn't live long enough to celebrate it though wink.gif

As release nears there'll be a lot more tactics articles and weapons evaluation articles appearing on CMHQ.

I sent a primer on how I would move to contact to Matt earlier today and intend to follow up with other tank-related articles. Los has some excellent command and infatry tactics articles done also.

In short, the whole tactics/weapons performance side of things is being looked into and coverage is planned.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Madmatt

Hehehe, just to set the record straight on this, Fionn said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Aye, Matt and I were having one of our almost-daily ICQ meetings to discuss what we were going to do next and we were stumped...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was in fact NEVER stumped! wink.gif I always knew something like this would ROCK!!! And it would give me a weeks worth of reasons to use copious amounts of exclamation points!!!!

Madmatt out....Starting trouble all over again! wink.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net