M8 Greyhound Graphics Bug on iMac

I've found a minor M8 Greyhound graphics bug. When an unbuttoned Greyhound engages a target the commander fires a few rounds with his 50cal, then ducks down to reload the main gun. When he pops back up, he flies about five feet into the air above the turret & then returns to his position on the 50cal. It's happening sporadically and is hard to duplicate. Anybody else seeing this?

27" iMac, quad core i7, AMD Radeon HD6970M 2MB vram

Mountain Lion - v10.8.5 (12F45)

(P.S. Damn; them there 251/21's are one nasty piece of work!)

Steve;

My framerate must be pretty good, because when I pan the camera even on heavily forested maps with a lot of troops, it's smooth as silk. Is there somewhere I can look to get the actual framerate? Anyways, I'm going to set up another armored car Q.B. on the same Holland map to see if I can generate some screen grabs.

PC users use FRAPS. Actually, I have no idea what works on the Mac!

OK, doesn't sound like it's the framerate. You'd not need a FPS number to know if it was :D

There must be some sort of oddball glitch specific to your driver/card. I can picture what you're seeing, so no need for screen captures. This sort of thing can happen when the system is totally overloaded with graphics requests, which is why you'd also see an extremely poor framerate (like 5 or so FPS!!).

If this were a straight forward bug with the game pretty much everybody would be seeing it and they should be seeing it all the time, not inconsistently. Which is why I'm suspicious that theres some sort of glitch with CM's interaction with your video hardware.

Best advice I have is to make sure you have the most up to date video drivers. You might have it already, but just in case check out this recent release from nVidia:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-313.01.03f02-driver.html

Steve

OK, doesn't sound like it's the framerate. You'd not need a FPS number to know if it was :D

Speaking of frame rates, how crucial is it really to achieve a kick-a** FPS score in the CM games? For aficionados of auto racing and flight sims, yeah, getting decent rates is practically mandatory. But I can scarcely discern a quality difference on a laptop with an 'okay' ATI card and an unused desktop pc with a much more powerful nVidia card. Maybe going Real Time is another story?

RealTime certainly needs better FPS than WeGo playback. Definitely. However, for larger battles having a minimally responsive UI sucks from a practical standpoint. The rest of the legitimate gripes are "I know this thing is supposed to look great, but it doesn't on my system unless speed is reduced to slideshow". It's definitely frustrating to know what it should look vs. what it does look like.

Steve