Tank Casualties & Artillery

Many games I have played seemed to have artillery with little or no real impact. CM seems to have very powerful artillery which is the way I would believe it to be. QUESTION: What was the impact of artillery on armor? and What will it be on my Tigers? If anyone is interested in seeing pictures (Very well organized) on knocked out German armor go to : http://military.virtualave.net/index.html and look uder Battle victims. You won't be disappointed. Some pictures that really caught my attention were the KINGTIGERs destroyed by artillery, columns of PANTHERS destroyed by Russian artillery.

Guest Big Time Software

I can't give you a quntified answer here because it all depends on what is hitting, where it is hitting, and the Gods of War smile.gif What I can say is that big stuff can very easily kill even the largest vehicle. Death from above is also a huge threat (I have a pic of a Jagdtiger that was hit from the air, and there ain't nothing left of it!!). Smaller stuff can at least disable or damage something like a Tiger. Taking a direct hit from a 75mm pack howitzer is going to hurt something most likely smile.gif

But you are correct, there has not been very good modeling of artillery vs. armor in wargames of the past. CM does it right. Expect to loose many of your Tigers, not only to artillery, but to pretty much everything else as well! Lord knows I have lost a bunch of KTs in my time when playing CM...

Steve