Realistic Infantry formations - would they add realism

Given that a "Follow" command has been on the wish list for a long time, why hasn't it ever been implemented? Kind of curious.

Because my wish list is probably as long as any of yours... and that is to say 10 years worth of stuff just on Page 1 :) Because it's not possible to get everything I want into the game that means, by definition, lots of things I want aren't in the game. Some probably will get in there eventually, others likely never.

We've been making CM since 1997 in terms of selecting and implementing features. The fact that we're 16 years into it and we've still got far more ideas that would be good to implement than we have time shows what we're up against. We will never, ever have more than a decent chunk of user requests implemented simply because it's impossible for it to be otherwise.

Now, you might think that I have some magical capability to get my own personal wants into the game. Sorta. What I say carries more weight than probably anybody else when it comes to wish list items. But I have to balance my wants with those of everybody else, technical limitations, and investment costs. Which means my wants are probably more constrained than the average customers' because they can wish without constraints.

Steve

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic