Metacritic reviews

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our detractors have always tried to use these sorts of things as evidence that we should go back to making CMx1. But we're more interested in what our sales really are vs. what they are perceived to be by a tiny group of malcontents. But we're kinda funny that way :D

Steve

Is there a Redwolf Inc. company forum where one can read Redwolf Inc. game sales tea leaves?

Grumbling and arguing about something not being the way you want it or think someone else should make it for you does not get much accomplished. For most folks it does even feel good after a while and they simply ... move along.

With all due respect, why not start your own company and make your own game Redwolf? I am serious. Then, if you were successful, with Redwolf Inc you could send a big told you so to Battlefront.

Id buy CM:Afrika without thinking twice!

An issue using the current engine to simulate the NA battles is that the dust raised by one's vehicles isn't (I think) visible to the other side. Not a big deal in the current environment but an important recon factor in the desert. I seem to recall this was not this case in CMAK.

Since when is this thread about CMx1? Have I missed anything?

You've missed a lot. But not much I can do about that.

Can I ask you why you're so interested in how well our sales are doing? Because other than being concerned that we might go out of business I don't see why you'd care what other people think. And if that is your concern, then why argue with me when I say things are going very well?

Steve

Forget it Steve, the National Enquirer just broke the story. You are the hush hush love child of a union between Warren Buffet and some un-named exotic dancer from Thailand. BF is just tax write off for you, profitability was never a goal. How long did you really think you would be able to keep this secret?

Those lines, with which I was vaguely familiar and had to look up, are from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Never a fan of the bombastic Bard, at least in the reading of his plays- a painful duty in high school. But I came across this Youtube video with Kenneth Branagh as Henry V. I dare anyone on this forum not be moved when on the eve of battle he declaims the famous line: 'We few, we happy few, we Band of Brothers'. Words that inspired the book and the TV series. They'll shake you up:

I was always partial to 'Coriolanus':

Messenger

The news is, sir, the Volsces are in arms.

MARCIUS

I am glad on 't: then we shall have means to vent

Our musty superfluity.

In other words, he's happy for the chance to thin his own country's excess population. CM-style generalship, you might say. :)