Am I Missing Something?

Gentlemen (I use the term loosely in some cases),

This is just a game. We do this for fun. I keep reading comments that border on viciousness, replete with obsceniities, and unwarranted jabs at folks.

I've heard cussin' before. You won't shock my modesty, but it is a public forum and offensive to some. Swearing does not make your argument stronger. Verbally ripping into someone does not make you the better man.

Am I missing something? Is this really a life and death issue or are we in this for fun?

There seem to be sinister undercurrents in some posts that are troublesome. But then I suppose we have a microcosm of the world itself right here on this forum and it is to be expected.

I guess I've lived long enough (62) and seen enough in gaming to know it will all work out. I'll be glad to see the game out when it is done.

Guest Mikeman

I assume you just tuned in Wild Bill.

We just have a very young, excited, and impatient CM fan who I think has been somewhat surprised by the fact that his questions are so quickly answered on this board. He posted many, many new topics in a very short time and managed to annoy people for this reason among others. Nothing serious.

Mikeman out.

Guest Capt_Manieri

I assume your talking about me....... wink.gif

Don't worry, no offense taken!! smile.gif

I just have a lot of questions...that's all. I don't know why everyone is so mad at me for posting a few questions here and there. I want to check out things. Being 16 and having no job or income.....$45 is a lot of money to me. And, I'm not going to spend a cent of it until I make completely sure that this game is to my liking......okay? smile.gif

actually I am not talking about any particular person Captain. If that had been the case, I would have written a personal E-Mail to you.

No, I am talking in generalities. And if such advice is unappreciated, I fully understand. I don't want to spoil your party.

I'd just rather talk about the game, and so far, I haven't seen anything but good things.

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

Actually Mikeman, I've been "tuned in" for some time. I've been working on CM since its Alpha version early last summer.

I've just chosen until recently to keep a low profile.

I've been intensely involved in testing the game, designing possible scenarios and operations for it.

I've also been in charge of testing the operations and scenarios for possible inclusion in the published version.

This is not boasting, just a statement of my credentials to give what I say a tad of credibility.

So you can't really qualify me as a newcomer. I just don't talk a lot. I've probably talked too much already.

I'll just start leaving that to you young bucks and get back to work.

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net