Release date for 2.10 patch - ?

Sorry to disagree, Moon, and of course the patch is welcome too, but I think the posters were asking about material that will only appear in the upgrade. There is still a lot of confusion between what is a patch and what is an upgrade.

Michael

No one said anything to suggest that. One person asked when the patch would be available and another hoped that there would be a patch (else you would have to buy MG module to get 2.10 patch). Moon's answer was entirely correct.

Definitely won't be a couple of days, but I'm hoping it won't be a month either. We're actively in the process of making both patches available. Yes, patches. One for CMBN and one for CMFI. They will each contain theater specific bug fixes that aren't currently in v2.10, as well as any other bugs that crop up and are squashed in the next week or so. Oh, and something else. But that's a surprise :D

Steve

I love surprises!!

Michael 'Methuselah' EMRYS stated...

It will be an upgrade and not a patch, so you will have to pay for it, but probably only $10-$15.

That's not correct. The 2.10 patch will, as usual, be a free download. It won't include any of the Market Garden specific stuff, but the general engine bug fixes etc. will be available for anyone using CMBN 2.0.

Martin

Ah ha! Michael managed to get it absolutely dead wrong! No wonder he's withdrawn his previous boastings about how right he always is.

:)

Definitely won't be a couple of days, but I'm hoping it won't be a month either. We're actively in the process of making both patches available. Yes, patches. One for CMBN and one for CMFI. They will each contain theater specific bug fixes that aren't currently in v2.10, as well as any other bugs that crop up and are squashed in the next week or so. Oh, and something else. But that's a surprise :D

Steve

So does that mean, for BN, that the patch is actually (say) v2.11 - ie it is an enhancement to, and needs applying on top of, MG 2.1? So you will also need the patch even if you have MG, not just if you don't and are patching CMBN (and CW if applicable)?