Release date for 2.10 patch - ?

You should just give in ;) Its GREAT! This is the expansion made me realize more than ever how cool it is getting all these different parts of WWII. BFC does an amazing job making the different parts of the war feel different. Holland looks a ton different than France, and everything I have played of it so far feels incredibly "Market Garden-ie". It seems that as the scenario designers get more and more experienced and the scenario design engine and game engine get better and better, the scenario's and campaigns and QB's keep getting better and better too. I am so impressed right now with how different Normandy, CW part of Normandy, Holland, Sicily, and Italy look and play.

It will be an upgrade and not a patch, so you will have to pay for it, but probably only $10-$15.

Michael

That's not correct. The 2.10 patch will, as usual, be a free download. It won't include any of the Market Garden specific stuff, but the general engine bug fixes etc. will be available for anyone using CMBN 2.0.

Martin

Nope but you might have to wait a while. It does take them a while to get everything sorted out.

I can explain why asked this question. Now we, in our community, running a campaign game using CMBN 2.01 as tactical and TOAW 3 as operational layer. We are about to start some this-turn-battles. And it would be better to start it with new bazooka and tank spotting/aim rules. So if we must wait a coup of days - this will be acceptable. If 2-3 weeks - we will start battles now.

Definitely won't be a couple of days, but I'm hoping it won't be a month either. We're actively in the process of making both patches available. Yes, patches. One for CMBN and one for CMFI. They will each contain theater specific bug fixes that aren't currently in v2.10, as well as any other bugs that crop up and are squashed in the next week or so. Oh, and something else. But that's a surprise :D

Steve

Definitely won't be a couple of days, but I'm hoping it won't be a month either. We're actively in the process of making both patches available. Yes, patches. One for CMBN and one for CMFI. They will each contain theater specific bug fixes that aren't currently in v2.10, as well as any other bugs that crop up and are squashed in the next week or so. Oh, and something else. But that's a surprise :D

Steve

Great news thanks for the update. And I see you could not resist a little hinting a more coolness. Gotta love it.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I love surprises :D

That's not correct. The 2.10 patch will, as usual, be a free download. It won't include any of the Market Garden specific stuff, but the general engine bug fixes etc. will be available for anyone using CMBN 2.0.

Martin

If my limited play time with 2.10 CM:BN Market Garden tonight on my Mac is any indication of the performance improvements coming to CMBN & CMFI, we could be in for a nice bump with the 2.10 patch.

That's not correct. The 2.10 patch will, as usual, be a free download. It won't include any of the Market Garden specific stuff, but the general engine bug fixes etc. will be available for anyone using CMBN 2.0

Sorry to disagree, Moon, and of course the patch is welcome too, but I think the posters were asking about material that will only appear in the upgrade. There is still a lot of confusion between what is a patch and what is an upgrade.

Michael