A Question About Vehicle/Unit Info

I was wondering if the data for vehicles and infantry units will remain part of the EXE file or if they will be separated files in the final release.

Separate data files would allow 3rd party tweaking of the existing units (not that they not perfect as they are but you know war gamers...) and the possibility of building whole new units/vehicles.

I've already had some fun repainting the Tiger, it now has a big Bulls Eye smile.gif.

Guest Big Time Software

I'm sure the tankers of that Tiger are NOT ammused wink.gif

No external files. If there is an error, we will correct it. But since we use real world values, instead of invented gamey ones, there really is no reason to tweak stuff. We wish to avoid the chaos of something like CC3. Lots and lots of posts on here to Search for on the subject smile.gif

Steve

Thanks, I did a search and got all the info I think I need.

The Tiger crew hate the paint job but the Hellcat gunners love it.

An added thought, if you were to post the info need for the vehicles including modeling data you might get quite a few people that would build additional vehicles for you.

[This message has been edited by Peter Western (edited 11-04-99).]

Yes but lots of them would want to tweak figures and you'd end up with 4 or 5 different "realism" mods in no time...

Then you end up with chaos for PBEM games.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Okay, I dump on CC3 as much as the next guy, but I have to say something in defense of its mods. The CC3 scene is probably one of the least chaotic out there. The folks who did RealRed did a good job of keeping things centered. The only variation from one person to the next is usually only which revision of RealRed they have. The revision thing is pretty universal in the computer world, so I wouldn't really complain about that.

As for modifying the data in Combat Mission, I'm currently in the process of seeing how I can turn my 60mm mortar teams into 88mm AT gun teams in the PBEM game I'm playing against Fionn. wink.gif

Thorsten

LOL you and everyone else I'm playing..

One person, and I don't know if he wants to be named or not so I won't, walked a mortar team in Riesberg into the sights of my 88.. 3 shells later and that team is toast wink.gif

I'm seeing lots of weapons being used, in desperation, for roles they aren;t intended to be used in . It's pretty funny actually wink.gif

As for CC3: I think its a good mod scene BUT even there there is confusion.. Personally I thik if the company is willing to fix data errors which can be proven then thats the best way to do it wink.gif

That is ONLY my opinion though.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Fionn

You misunderstand what I meant. Any modified or new units would be submitted to BTS and they would decide whether to add it to the game. I could see the whole Eastern front, North Africa ..... being done by third parties.

The game data will be hacked there is no doubt about that, IMHO there might be a benefit to providing modeling details, perhaps even facilitating this aspect to augment the game.

That is ONLY my opinion though.

Peter W

Minion of Fabled Answers