Battlefield Europe

Hello everyone!

In recent weeks, I have converted the "Storm Over Europe" campaign entirely in AoC. A Hells work because of the lot of changed units, country allocations and partially different Events and AI scripts. This “The Great War/Breakthrough” map of the European Theatre (WW1 & 2!) is - for my taste - the best of the entire game series. Now I just merge it with our old "Weapons and Warfare" LAN-party mod. Even so, a mammoth task. I had to adjust and expand our largely altered 2D/3D unit icons to the many new units of the AoC game....a deep bow to the developers at this point!

Among other things, I now have following the example of the expansion pack AoD and converted the unit "Airships" into "Coastal Bombers". Both visually and in the attack values of the unit. So far so good.

In a test match as Axis against the AI-Allies I found the following behavior: The brave British coast pilots flew continuously senseless attacks against my baffled ground troops. :confused: And this only with an attack value of "0"! I wonder now whether this air unit was scripted differently in AoD. Unfortunately I do not have AoD itself. But someone has whispered to me that the unit "Airship/Maritime Patrol" there also has only a Soft/Tank attack value of "0".

Is it possible to change something in this matter? Or do I need to convert this flying unit into a Japanese kamikaze bomber? :D

Cheers…

PS: This is not dyslexia but rather the result of a "Google" translation…

Hi Hubert!

The loss of coastal bombers of course correspond to the values ​​of the affected unit. They are therefore not unnaturally high. But wait unnecessarily. Hmm...they act as strategic bombers? It is possible that the (apparent) targets of the bombers are regularly in cities or the like. That would explain the behavior of the bombers. I'll be watching the operation in more detail...

Thank you! :)

Oops...to talk about a Battlefield Europe mod without some show off...here is the lost link to a summary! :o

battlefieldeuropeproject.webnode.com

Okay. The coastal bomber tried to assist a heavy bomber in the preparation of a British ground offensive against Benghazi. That's it. I will be slightly increase the values ​​of demoralization and loss prevention for this unit. :cool:

Hi Xenon!

The graphics, scripts, and other contents approaching 99%. But the debugging in all areas is more like a Stalingrad than a Blitzkrieg...I feel surrounded by problems and it always seem to be more. ;)

Hello friends of neat turn-based strategy

In a test game with my modification, I found a sound bug that could crash my campaign completely. After some work I was able to locate a damaged sound file and replace it. Now with my nose deep sunk into the sound files from AoC and the base game GC, I found there to my surprise the file "anti_tank_attack". A file "rail_gun_attack" is stored in the sound folder of AoC , which shows up as identical in content to the "anti_tank_attack" file during playback. I remembered now that the ingame battle sounds of of the units AntiTank and Railgun are the same. My modders heart rejoiced and I thought I could give the anti-tank unit its own cannons thunder. I changed the contents of the file "anti_tank_attack" and...surprise...I still heard the Railgun. :( A reciprocal exchange of the "rail_gun_attack" sound finally revealed the solution: The AntiTank unit in the base game GC directly accesses to the file "anti_tank_attack". But AoC seems to address both, the Railgun and the Anti-Tank, with the new "rail_gun_attack" file. Although it includes all else needed files, except the newly added sounds, from vanilla GC.

Is this a bug or a feature? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I just uploaded my Battlefield Europe files. If all goes well, this should be available for download shortly.

1939_Battlefield_Europe_for_AoCv102

File Version: 1.0

This scenario is essentially based on the "1939 Storm Over Europe" campaign

• Romania is now a separate major nation along with the United Kingdom, France, USA, USSR, Poland, Germany and Italy
  • Added minors: Slovakia and Croatia (DE)
  • Relocated some loops. Others are disabled in multiplayer. (Sorry allies, no avoidance of the German u-boat threat by directly "looping" into the North Atlantic and Arabian areas of tension! But you will win anyway...maybe ;-)
  • Added/changed few events and sounds...

Units:

• Evented "elite" units for Germany (Waffen-SS) and USSR (Red Army Guards/NKVD) [Altered 3D unit icons and adjusted unit values. This minor based, additional units have improved combat values and may not be reproduced. Use them wisely! In the alternative, Heavy Tanks, Corps, Mechanized Infantry, Special Forces and Pioneers were blocked for minors!]

Deployment if DE Waffen-SS "yes":

1939 - 1 Inf. Corps.

1940 - 1 Inf. Corps; 1 StuPio Reg.

1941 - 1 Mech. Div.

1942 - 1 Tank Group; 1 Inf. Corps

1943 - 1 Tank Group; 1 Mech. Div.; 1 StuPio Reg.

1944 - 1 Tank Group

1945 - 1 Inf. Corps

Deployment if DE Red Army Guards "yes":

1942 - 1 Tank Group; 2 Inf. Corps

1943 - 1 Tank Group; 1 Mech. Div.; 2 Inf. Corps

1944 - 1 Tank Group; 1 Mech. Div.; 2 Inf. Corps

1945 - 2 Inf. Corps

• Evented foreign Waffen-SS (France; Nederland; Latvia)
  • Evented NKVD
  • HQ renamed to Army HQ [Altered 3D unit icons]
  • Garrison [Altered 3D unit icons and carefully increased the soft defense value]
  • Division changed to Mountain Infantry [Altered 3D unit icons and adjusted unit values. Compared to regular infantry divisions, these units have longer training times, better defensive values against infantry, weaker against tanks, are quickly on foot, but can not be motorized!
  • Corps changed to Infantry Division [Altered 3D unit icons and unit values]
  • Mechanized changed to Mechanized Division [Adjusted unit values to field them as divisions]
  • Army changed to Infantry Corps [Altered 3D unit icons and adjusted unit values to represent two infantry divisions.]
  • Anti Tank changed to Tank Destroyer [Altered 3D unit icons and adjusted unit values for more "Panzerjägerabteilung" and less "lonly AT in the woods" in mid and late games. Dangerous tank hunters but at the same time prey to (almost) all enemy infantry units!]
  • Light Tank changed to Armored Recon [Adjusted unit values]
  • Airships changed to Coastal Bombers [Altered 3D unit icons and adjusted unit values accordingly AoD]
  • Special Forces [Partially altered 3D unit icons and adjusted unit values. These units represent all of the US Marines to the italian Bersaglieri and does not constitute "Commandos" in the strict sense]
  • Tank Group [Partially altered 3D unit icons. (Germany; Romania; USSR) Changed order of appearance for German Tanks: Pz. II; Pz. III; Pz. IV; Pz. VI; Pz. V; Pz. VI Ausf. B]
  • ...and few more fine adjustments!
  • Added, changed and altered lots of pictures and sprites. Too many to be listed here...

Last, but not least:

• All new military unit sprites. These hybrids are zoomed out into nato symbol units.
  • All newly added or modified 3d units were selected and designed to fit
    harmoniously as possible in the existing units
    set.

Hints:

1. Best played as axis against allied AI or multiplayer
  2. "Soft Build Limits": Off
  3. Because of the predefined settings in the event script the Waffen-SS (or the RA Guards) remains initially "neutral" after a positive decision
    and joins the respective main power during the circular shift of rounds.
    So be patient...

Have mercy, this is my first (published) modification... ;-)

Cheers :)

Battlefield

When starting the campaign in AOC (1.02) I receive the following errors:

FAILED(sound: initialize_naval_attack_buffer): 0x80070057 "Wrong Parameter"

FAILED(on_menue_command): 0x80070057

FAILED(on_left_button_up) segmentation violation

The standard game works fine, anyone else having this problem?

When starting the campaign in AOC (1.02) I receive the following errors:

FAILED(sound: initialize_naval_attack_buffer): 0x80070057 "Wrong Parameter"

FAILED(on_menue_command): 0x80070057

FAILED(on_left_button_up) segmentation violation

The standard game works fine, anyone else having this problem?

Hi Xenon 141

Your error messages could indicate damaged or corrupted files. Tonight I will once again control my packed original files. If I can locate a damaged file in the data packet I will upload the base files again. If not, then there could be errors occurred during the data transfer (upload / download). A resaving of the campaign under a new name is only useful if all files are intact!

Hi dtreller

If the mod is running on your system without any problems, then the data of "Xenon 141" may have been corrupted during the download...

I disabled the "CUSTOM_SOUND" entry in the campaign customization settings and everything works fine now.

Looking really great! :D Thanks for the campaign, Battlefield!

Nice to hear Xenon 141!

But unfortunately you can not hear all the new sound effects! ;-) I will look at the "naval_attack" sound file inside my package. If you do not like to download the entirely files again, then try it to separately replace the "naval_attack" file in the sound folder with a copy the of the original file.

Hi Xenon 141

All files work properly on my system. Also in the download packages from the "File Repository" I could not find any corrupted files. Seems to be an individual file error while downloading or just a matching error between the game and the newly added mod. In the latter case, a renaming and saving of the campaign in the editor would be helpful...

• 1 month later...

I just uploaded Battlefield Europe V1.1 for AoCv103!

• Changed/altered some pictures and sprites

• British units are slightly strengthened when the "Africa Corps" event is selected

• North Africa (from Tunis to Alexandria) must be in Allied hands before U.S. forces prepare for an invasion of Italy (Allied-AI)

I've uploaded an alternative 3d/Military units package for AoC/AoD. The file is located, however, in the "Assault on Democracy" folder.

Cheers :)