Lost all hope of this coming out

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bagration and a new Modern game. But more about that after we get this whole Market Garden thing out the door. And did I mention that would be soon? I think I did, however it doesn't hurt to emphasize "soon" again.

Steve

SO those are the Two you are saying should be out this year??

Thats what I thought..but BF said Bagration and Modern are the two..see further up and follow the posts pre BF post.

Edit: Just re read it and I suppose I was being to optimistic..

Yeah, Bagration and Modern are probably two of the ones for next year. ;) Even I don't know what the other four to six are that Steve's talking about for next year :eek:.

Even I don't know what the other four to six are that Steve's talking about for next year :eek:.

Depends on what he is counting. Presumably there will be a pack for the BN family. One more module for FI to carry it to the end of the war, or at least a pack for the same? Probably an upgrade or two for existing game families. Possibly a module for Bag. Possibly a module for Modern. Bulge?

Maybe should start a special savings account just to buy CM products and start putting money into it. Looks like those who buy everything will be spending $200-$300 next year easily.

Michael

Yeah, Bagration and Modern are probably two of the ones for next year. ;) Even I don't know what the other four to six are that Steve's talking about for next year :eek:.

Back in July this year, Steve posted a brief on this:

"Yes, we will have at least 4 "Theaters" of Families going at one time:

NW Europe (CMBN and Bulge)

Southern Europe (CMFI and hopefully North Africa)

Eastern Front (at least 4 Families, one for each year)

Modern (Arid and Temperate)

They will all be actively supported through the new Upgrade system, but new content for each will vary. Certainly we won't be doing content for every single Family concurrently. Yesh, that would be... impossible But I think with the advent of Packs we can keep 4 Families going per year with new content. Hopefully more. Some Families will likely warrant more attention than others.

Steve

Note the last entry (on the modern theatre) which related to an earlier post in the thread:

"Shock Force 2" is not the right title for the new game. Following the logic of our Families Shock Force = arid setting in Syria, so we need something new to call this particular flavor of temperate modern warfare. Black Sea is the development name. No idea what the actual name will be, but it's good enough for now :D

Note that we do intend to redo the original Shock Force content. It's going to be a huge undertaking because of all the changes that have taken place since the original engine was made. Same reason there's been no Upgrade offer for it. We would if we could, but the amount of work that needs to go into that is almost as if we're doing it from scratch. That game will be called Shock Force 2 and it will follow Black Sea.

Steve