Lost all hope of this coming out

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I don't understand why people keep talking about I'm complaining of the wait when there is no such thing.

I just said more communication from devs is a good thing.

What's frustrating me is that people keep making the topic about the delay instead of communication, which is what it is supposed to be and we go nowhere with the topic. We just get silly posts or responses that are not the issue AT ALL.

Communication. I am stressing better communication from the devs because in the long run it will bring a net gain in customers. That is all I am asking for.

would you rather they work on getting it released or stop to tell you they are working to get it released? .. you'd know no more than you do now and you've possibly slowed the release. Really that is about the sum of it. - patience it will come when it is ready.

I don't get it.

The only thing I see is "maybe soon".You know the Bible said God made the world in 7 days, but they didn't tell you that one of His days was 2.5billion years.

Wrong, the world is only 6000 years old. Those dinosaur bones are fakes to test your faith - and because God loves messin with ya. What else is left for a supreme being who already has everything?

Maybe soon

Oooo exciting. Of course "soon" could mean that Steve is watching the upload bars progressing and writing bad poetry to pass the time. Or it could mean that the devs are working on some nasty bug and they have to do another round and "soon" is next week. Meanwhile Steve is writing bad poetry while he waits for the devs to give him some news.

Personally I suspect the former and predict a release today.

Yeah, what you guys fail to get sometimes is that even we don't know when it will be available. So either we keep saying "not this week" when we're sure it's not going to happen, or we let you know when we do know it will happen. Far more efficient to say "coming soon" and then make slightly cryptic posts when it is actually ready.

I don't blame you guys for not grasping why it works that way for Battlefront products. For other games there's weeks and weeks of lead time to get the product out to retail shelves. They know when the date is weeks in advance. For us, we usually release it 1-2 days, sometimes hours, after we've verified that the game is good to go. That's not much in the way of advanced notice. Which is a good thing since you guys get it almost literally the instant it's done.

Note that with Grand Theft Auto's recent release this old model broke pretty badly. Amazon and others were supposed to withhold the digital version until a particular date in order to give retail a chance to have it on launch day. Instead many online retailers broke the "embargo" and made it available earlier. It seems our method will be more industry standard sooner or later!

Steve

Again, I don't understand why people keep talking about I'm complaining of the wait when there is no such thing.

I just said more communication from devs is a good thing.

What's frustrating me is that people keep making the topic about the delay instead of communication, which is what it is supposed to be and we go nowhere with the topic. We just get silly posts or responses that are not the issue AT ALL.

Communication. I am stressing better communication from the devs because in the long run it will bring a net gain in customers. That is all I am asking for.

Its a long time since I decided that getting frustrated with the lack of communications ceased to bother me.

I agree with you that some form of Dev Blog or similar would be appreciated but then I doubt it would be maintained or updated on a regular basis and would lead to further frustration. We have to accept that BF is a very small company operating in a very niche market and that any time, however short spent away from producing their product just may be time wasted.

There have been times in the past when they have declared that within a year we would be playing up to 3 new games (thats games, not modules) and what actually happened is they produced one new game.

So whats better? Drive unrealistic expectations, or just produce what they can when they can? Given the track record of the last few years Ive come to expect a Game every 18 months or so and a Module a year.

I didnt buy CMFI but will probably get the MG module when I get home just to round off the CMBN experience. I know it will be out sometime this year and so Im happy with that.

If you dont expect anything then getting something has got to be a bonus!!!!

So whats better? Drive unrealistic expectations, or just produce what they can when they can?

Obviously we prefer to under promise and over deliver :D That being said...

Given the track record of the last few years Ive come to expect a Game every 18 months or so and a Module a year.

Last year we had three including the Normandy Upgrade (which was a huge effort for us). This year looks like it will wind up being two releases. Next year looks to be a very busy release schedule. For sure 4 releases (very safe to say), probably 6, maybe 8. Part of that has to do with our new Pack strategy, part of it has to do with the fact that two Base Games are already extremely far along in development.

If you dont expect anything then getting something has got to be a bonus!!!!

Yup!

Steve

Bagration and a new Modern game. But more about that after we get this whole Market Garden thing out the door. And did I mention that would be soon? I think I did, however it doesn't hurt to emphasize "soon" again.

Steve

In the nether reaches of satellite internet country and I got a feeling about "a new Modern game"... and I was right ;)

And Steve said "soon":D