H2HH 2.9.0 Available - you need to update

Hi All,

H2HH 2.9.0 is available, directly from this link: http://bit.ly/h2h-helper

You do need to update.

If you don't update, you will cease to be able to use H2HH to chat with opponents who have updated.

I was forced to make this "break with the past versions" due to a library I was using (both in saving your information, and in doing the chat) becoming unsupported on Macs.

This new version also has revamped support for internationalisation, and new French and German translations (thanks to DingChavez and Markus Mohr). We should no longer see the occasional failure to cope with international file names.

It's a much improved base for new things :)

I would prefer for H2HH to be obtained only through the link above: if you have previously been making a copy and sharing that, because of the hassle of my previous dropbox distribution, could you point to this now instead, please.

As always, if you have any hassles, let me know. The Help->Bug Report menu option is as good a way as any.

Thanks,

GaJ

GaJ...

Should I be updating my MAC version 2.6.3 to this new version as well? I don't see the new version in my on-line Drop Box?

Regards,

Doug

Apologies for answering when I'm not GaJ, but his first post in the thread included a new direct link which he asks to be used for both Mac and PC versions of 2.9.

I've updated to Mac 2.9 from there, works fine.

Hope this helps.

Apologies for answering when I'm not GaJ, but his first post in the thread included a new direct link which he asks to be used for both Mac and PC versions of 2.9.

I've updated to Mac 2.9 from there, works fine.

Hope this helps.

It does... thanks .. :)

Usually his new versions for my MacBook Pro just show up automatically in the Drop Box he had me set up originally, but I'll manually download this one and install it...

Regards,

Doug

Yeah ... I changed the way that I was doing it, because it was hard for some people to participate in the shared directory: have to sign up for Dropbox, have to take care not to mess up the files there etc.

The downside is that the updates don't just appear magically. Maybe I should do both, and leave people who want to have the folder shared to have update access. Hmmm... maybe too fiddly - let's all just use the link, I'll announce when updates are available :)

Cheers

GaJ

No problem.... I will look here for updates... :)

By the way, I appreciate your work very much....

It makes this game far more playable for me. Without it, I'd spend half my life checking and sending emails, plus copying files to the right in-box, depending upon which game it was...

I'm not sure I would have the time to buy and keep playing Battlefront's products ...

Battlefront should be making it part of their basic install package as an option ...

Regards,

Doug

No problem.... I will look here for updates... :)

By the way, I appreciate your work very much....

It makes this game far more playable for me. Without it, I'd spend half my life checking and sending emails, plus copying files to the right in-box, depending upon which game it was...

Yay - that's the hope :)

I'm not sure I would have the time to buy and keep playing Battlefront's products ...

Battlefront should be making it part of their basic install package as an option ...

Heh - you'd have to take that up with Steve :)

GaJ

Hmm... I don't think chat is working anymore for me because my playing partners haven't updated and I have?

Regards,

Doug

GaJ did say in his original post:

If you don't update, you will cease to be able to use H2HH to chat with opponents who have updated.

GaJ - cheers for sorting out my issue.

As a rider to this thank you, could I slip in a feature request? Is there any chance of there being a minimise to notification window option so the window doesn't look like it's running but the smiley stays there and can launch the window on-click?

That'd be zoooperkool.

Cheers again.

Does this boil down to "please make it so that when I click on the smiley, the main window opens"?

I've had that in mind for a while - I just need to learn how :)

Or are you also wanting the minimised icon to completely disappear, so there is only the smiley, and nothing on the task bar? That'd be another (likely more difficult) thing for me to learn to do :)

GaJ

The latter, so it's a service running in the background. I'd have it start with the PC and when a turn arrived, the smiley would show.

Not sure how cross-platform that would be though :)

As a Mac user, I'm very interested in features like those suggested being cross-platform, or not ...

FWIW, I would prefer not to have H2HH start automatically when I start my Mac, so to have it do so would need to be an option that I could decline. (Just me I guess, but I prefer to have as few things as possible start automatically; it's not hard to click an icon to fire it up.)

Also, when it is running I like the icon in the menu bar to say it is doing so. The present arrangement of no icon = not running, unlit bored face = no turn waiting, lit smilie face = turn waiting, works fine for me.

As a Mac user, I'm very interested in features like those suggested being cross-platform, or not ...

FWIW, I would prefer not to have H2HH start automatically when I start my Mac, so to have it do so would need to be an option that I could decline. (Just me I guess, but I prefer to have as few things as possible start automatically; it's not hard to click an icon to fire it up.)

Also, when it is running I like the icon in the menu bar to say it is doing so. The present arrangement of no icon = not running, unlit bored face = no turn waiting, lit smilie face = turn waiting, works fine for me.

I didn't mean the bored face (bordey?) wouldn't show when there was no turn, just that the application window itself isn't needed while we're waiting and it would show the smiley when the turn arrived, allowing it to be clicked to launch the turn.

Is there any way to have the turn auto load, BTW?