map overlay question

hollister21

Hope this is the correct place for this ... I have not been able to get the map overlays to work for the scenario editor for CMBN or CMFI. BN is v2.01, FI is v.1.1

I have taken a screenshot of a map from google earth - using a photo editor I cropped the area of interest and saved it as "special_editor_overlay.bmp" (without the quotation marks) and saved it into the "Z" folder in the data folder.

After restarting CMBN and opening the scenario editor, the overlay is not visible. The "O" toggle appears to have no function.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help with this.

Ok thanks, that seems to have sort of worked ...

Now the editor appears to recognize that there is an overlay image somewhere - a message says something about using the "o" key to toggle the supplied overlay. However, there is still no overlay image. Using the "o" key will change the entire map from its normal color to grey shade to darker grey shade to black.

I'm running this on a mac btw, don't know if that matters or if there are any extra steps I'm missing.

Now the editor appears to recognize that there is an overlay image somewhere - a message says something about using the "o" key to toggle the supplied overlay. However, there is still no overlay image. Using the "o" key will change the entire map from its normal color to grey shade to darker grey shade to black.

I'm running this on a mac btw, don't know if that matters or if there are any extra steps I'm missing.

Just changing say a png file to a bmp file by changing the .png to .bmp does not work. You need an image converter to properly convert your google earth screenshot to a bmp image - try this http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-bmp

Make sure to expand your map to the expected size of the overlay otherwise it may end up so distorted you can't really tell what you are seeing.