Playing by email problem!

Hey guys I need help again...

I am trying to set up a H2H email game, with H2H helper installed. When I go to play my first turn as the attacker on the battle "Deville" I choose play by email and put in the password, however after I do that it just sends me back to the main menu! Do I need to wait for a reply by my friend in drop box or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

When I go to play my first turn as the attacker on the battle "Deville" I choose play by email and put in the password, however after I do that it just sends me back to the main menu!

Yes, that's normal. On the first turn all you do is enter your password. As stated above, the first file should be in your Outgoing Email folder. When you start up H2HH it should automatically copy that file to the Dropbox folder you are sharing with your opponent (which must also have the identical name as your saved game).

What poesel71 says above is correct as far as process goes - but I don't think that is the question you were asking? Assuming H2HH is working properly, it will have done the moving files for you. (You can always look in your Dropbox folder to check it is there if in any doubt.)

But you are right that you need to wait for a turn back from your opponent: the first turn in a PBEM game is just setting passwords: subsequent turns will get you to the next steps.

You should look for the file in the outgoing folder and sent that to your opponent. He puts it into incoming and so on.

What poesel71 says above is correct as far as process goes - but I don't think that is the question you were asking? Assuming H2HH is working properly, it will have done the moving files for you. (You can always look in your Dropbox folder to check it is there if in any doubt.)

But you are right that you need to wait for a turn back from your opponent: the first turn in a PBEM game is just setting passwords: subsequent turns will get you to the next steps.

Thanks guys, that is the exact answer I was looking for. I figured he might need to send a turn as well at first to play.

• 7 years later...
On 9/17/2020 at 7:38 AM, Nathan W Martin said:

Hi all, I have had all the same problems except when my opponent places it in the incoming battles. nothing shows up on his end.  

If he can't see your file, he's probably on a different version. (It's all good that the first file exchanged is password only, no problems there).