H2HH 2.6.2 - Mac Available

Hi All,

H2HH 2.6.2 - Mac is available via the download link here (*)

It fixes a strange issue a few people on Macs have reported.

There is still a known issue with "unicode characters" in game file names ... I'm still working on that, but if you don't have any non-English characters in your game file names, and you're on a Mac, then this one is the one for you.

2.5.4 is remains the latest for Windows - as far as I know there are no issues with that.

GaJ

(*) I would like it if this becomes the only place that folk are getting H2HH from. If you are distributing it elsewhere, can you change that to a link to this page, thanks! I'll get the instructions up to date soon etc :)

GaJ,

If I install 2.6.2 over 2.5.4 on my Mac do I need to delete 2.5.4 first?

If not, does 2.6.2 find my current game data from that previous version, or by being run itself once installed?

Hope the above make sense: I just feel like I want to know a bit more about what's going to happen when I click "go" ...

Thanks for H2HH: it makes life a lot simpler!

Hi All,

H2HH 2.6.2 - Mac is available via the download link here (*)

It fixes a strange issue a few people on Macs have reported.

There is still a known issue with "unicode characters" in game file names ... I'm still working on that, but if you don't have any non-English characters in your game file names, and you're on a Mac, then this one is the one for you.

2.5.4 is remains the latest for Windows - as far as I know there are no issues with that.

GaJ

(*) I would like it if this becomes the only place that folk are getting H2HH from. If you are distributing it elsewhere, can you change that to a link to this page, thanks! I'll get the instructions up to date soon etc :)

GaJ,

If I install 2.6.2 over 2.5.4 on my Mac do I need to delete 2.5.4 first?

If not, does 2.6.2 find my current game data from that previous version, or by being run itself once installed?

No need to delete. An App on a Mac is a folder and when you copy folder over folder it will be overwritten. I made a backup, though.

H2HH remembered the old games but it unfortunately forgot the paths to the dropbox.

PhilM is right - I should have said more about how to update and what happens when you do.

You never actually _need_ to uninstall an old version of H2HH BUT each new version looks in the exact same place for it's operating information, so you can't use two different versions at the same time: they would fight each other about the information.

This new version of H2HH has a fundamentally different way of remembering everything you told it(*), and as a result it can (as observed above) forget what you told it before as it moves to the new way.

Is this a drama for folk? I _could_ spend time making sure it doesn't forget during the transition ... or I could spend time working on hew features :)

The way I looked at it is that it only takes a few moments to re-setup the games that H2HH finds that you are playing, anyhow.

However, if someone has a customised setup with many games in motion, and H2HH forgetting about their setup for a moment would be a drama, I'd be happy to see if I can make a "no forget anything transition" version...

GaJ

(*) The library I was using before got out of date. It appears that it became incompatible with something on some Macs, though I still have no idea what or why, since I work on a Mac and it worked for me. But that is behind us now :) Shiny new code for doing it :)

After I typed the above, I thought to myself "you lazy bastard, why don't you just fix it so the migration keeps the data".

So I did.

2.6.3, now available at the download link here should migrate you seamlessly from 2.5.4 (I tested this as thoroughly as I can), and likely from any 2.x version (not tested), without forgetting your existing setup.

GaJ

GaJ,

I'm pretty sure that this - your quote - didn't apply before: it certainly doesn't now!

Thanks again.

After I typed the above, I thought to myself "you lazy bastard, why don't you just fix it so the migration keeps the data".

So I did.

2.6.3, now available at the download link here should migrate you seamlessly from 2.5.4 (I tested this as thoroughly as I can), and likely from any 2.x version (not tested), without forgetting your existing setup.

GaJ