BATTLE DRILL - A CM Tactics Blog

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone interested, I just uploaded a blog post on Using Listening Halts.  This is a subject I have discussed many times before in my AARs, but have never really written at length about it.  Hope i

With the help of @sPA505 I have posted a full translation with some commentary of the German pamphlet:  Tactically Correct Driving Armored Personnel Carrier (Shützenpanzerwagon (SPW) .  Enjoy!  And th

I'm on a roll.. another blog post, this time: Using Alternate Firing Positions Enjoy! Bil

From 29: A "Mooncalf" is a foolish person. Term is derived from aborted/miscarried cow fetuses, which are obviously viscerally unpleasant and apparently random events, so obviously ascribed to the moon, being witchy and such.

e.g., Stephano to Caliban in the Tempest:

Mooncalf, speak once in thy life, if thou beest a good mooncalf. 

5 minutes ago, domfluff said:

From 29: A "Mooncalf" is a foolish person. Term is derived from aborted/miscarried cow fetuses, which are obviously viscerally unpleasant and apparently random events, so obviously ascribed to the moon, being witchy and such.

e.g., Stephano to Caliban in the Tempest:

Thanks.. yeah @sPA505 told me the same thing via PM... I knew about the aborted calf angle but I didn't get the foolish person bit (its not an American term obviously).. that line makes more sense now.

Bil