CMFI GL BULGE '44 UPLOADED TO GaJ site

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, we didn't revise the mod yet but will soon.

Good news:

Fuser has agreed to try and do some Ardennes horizons.

We are in discussion about what they should look like.

Thank you sir!

We are going to reduce the number of white helmets for both sides.

For US, I will roll in more plain olive drab helmets.

I'm also thinking of doing a special optional bloody bucket 28th Infantry Division helmet.

We'll also delete out the bedsheet camo.

Working on some greatcoats for the FJ troops. File renaming so we see FJ in jump smocks but also in greatcoats. I would also love to see a mix of FJ helmets and regular luftwaffe helmets. We'll see if we can make that happen.

OK, we didn't revise the mod yet but will soon.

Good news:

Fuser has agreed to try and do some Ardennes horizons.

We are in discussion about what they should look like.

Thank you sir!

We are going to reduce the number of white helmets for both sides.

For US, I will roll in more plain olive drab helmets.

I'm also thinking of doing a special optional bloody bucket 28th Infantry Division helmet.

We'll also delete out the bedsheet camo.

Working on some greatcoats for the FJ troops. File renaming so we see FJ in jump smocks but also in greatcoats. I would also love to see a mix of FJ helmets and regular luftwaffe helmets. We'll see if we can make that happen.

Phil, I already did 28th Div helmets in my first uniform mod for CMBN two years ago. I just did some renaming, added normal maps, and added some snow camo versions. They are in our DB. I also added more regular US paratrooper helmets, deleted a few snow-camo ones, and then made two folders: one with both Para and 28th Div helmets and one with US Para and generic infantry helmets. I figure by including the para helmets with the infantry ones, people would have one less folder to dick around with when changing US helmet mods.

Also, can't mix FJ and regular German helmets, unfortunately, because of the helmet model-to-uniform model file association within the game. I renamed the FJ uniform model to show as the German greatcoat model (the greatcoat model now has the FJ model mdr-mds names)...but the game associates FJ helmets only with the FJ models. All uniform models have distinct helmet models associated with them. No way to mix and match.

Yes. There have been 2 or 3 such mods. I think Mord did one as well, and maybe someone else as well. I renumbered em and copied em all to one FACES folder that I use. It has a nice collection of weary, dirty, scarred and bandaged faces. (Do any have bandaged hands??)

But, they are all from years ago. Maybe the state of the art has improved??

Thanks Mark. I did not know it was ALREADY modded. Maybe 2005 or so, I was in the Ardennes with my sons and at a museum we bought a GI helmet with the bloody bucket emblem.

OK, I think in the scenario editor I can make Luftwaffe troops that wear the regular helmet with luftwaffe eagle and wearing greatcoats, tucked into an FJ unit that has the FJ helmets and jumpsmocks. Adding "apple" teams into an existing "orange" OOB.

YES, just a cosmetic appearance issue I suppose.

Long ago, I had a different user name and in CMAK I had fun with a "CMBO2" mod that basically gave me a small platoon size axis unit with everybody in different gear.

OK, I am slowly starting to re-upload to cmmods in a multi-part approach.

I thought there was no max but there was and I had to trim out some subfolders.

I will have to do it like this I think.

Part 1: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Waffen-SS

Part 2: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Heer

Part 3: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Luftwaffe/FJ

Part 4: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Allies

Part 5: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Horizons and roadsigns

I have a 6-pack of Extra IPA and I am getting busy....

My connection is so slow lately. I may need more beer!

OK, I am slowly starting to re-upload to cmmods in a multi-part approach.

I thought there was no max but there was and I had to trim out some subfolders.

I will have to do it like this I think.

Part 1: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Waffen-SS

Part 2: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Heer

Part 3: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Luftwaffe/FJ

Part 4: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Allies

Part 5: CMFI GL Bulge '44 Horizons and roadsigns

I have a 6-pack of Extra IPA and I am getting busy....

My connection is so slow lately. I may need more beer!

More beer always helps!:D

Thanks for this, Phil!

Thanks to YOU Mark.

I hope this 5 part thing doesn't turn too many people off.

Can you recommend a good mod manager program?

Here is the preview image for part 1, how does it look?

CMFIGLreadmeimage1_zpsc0a81fb8.png

Here is the readme, any recommended changes?

29SEP2013

CMFI GL BULGE '44 WAFFEN-SS V1.0

Thanks for downloading the mod. It contains the mod work of mjkerner. My sincere thanks to Mark for his kind support in creating this mod.

If anything is messed up, I take the blame. Please let me know and I will get it fixed. It is hard to spot all the mistakes.

This is part 1 of a 5 part mod.

CMFI GL does not yet have any Waffen-SS troops but if you load these files into your mod folder and start the game then you can play existing Bulge SS scenarios or create your own battles that portray your heer (regular German Army) troops as Waffen-SS during the Battle of the Bulge. Remember that onscreen you will only see the Waffen-SS without the heer. If you do see any heer uniforms then that is a slip-up on our part. I think there might be a few hiding in there. We will eliminate them and revise as time goes along.

Once you purchase (for example) a heer grenadier battalion in the scenario editor or QB editor, you should double-click on the highest level unit, and select "greatcoats" as appearance and this should default "greatcoats" down as the appearance for all subordinate units. Selectively, you can then go to a few units in the chain of command and take them back to "standard" for appearance and these should show up in Waffen-SS Dot 44 uniforms. This is just for visual variety. I enjoy that and I hope you do also.

Note: The final saved date of the battle in the editor is very important for this mod to properly present itself. The date in "Mission/Data" should be December 1943 in CMFI GL. Of course fictionally you are trying to present it as December 1944. But CMFI GL currently only goes until May 1944. ***Tip: You can start off the scenario date in the editor (while still editing and purchasing units) as May 1944 and you'll see and be able to purchase single Panthers and tuck them into a Panzer Grenadier unit. This will also let you purchase Panzer Grenadiers with panzer fausts and panzer shrecks and other May 44 TOE weaponry. Then change the date back to December 1943 and do your save. You may have to flip the date back and forth several times.

Almost everyone is wearing gloves. 1 set of hands is randomly ungloved.

Boots are winter boots or ankle boots versus tropical boots of normal un-modded CMFI GL.

AFV crews are also modded to show as Waffen-SS crews.

A variety of Waffen-SS helmets. Some with camo cover, some plain, some with snow camo (whitewash).

Greatcoats should have the Waffen-SS eagle on the left sleeve.

Some are a white snow suit look. Although not historically accurate, it still comes across well.

If you absolutely hate it, you can go in and delete those bmp files.

I recommend you get a mod manager program. I have not yet but after always deleting a mod manually I now see the urgent need for an automated method to change mods.

OK, now you need to get the other parts of the mod. Part 2 is heer and you don't load it at the same time as this part, remember? Heer or waffen-ss but not both at the same time. Part 3 is Luftwaffe/FJ and you CAN load that at the same time as the part 1 or part 2. FJ troops fought with 6th SS Panzer Army, so it is historically accurate to make a scenario with them both fighting against the US. Part 4 is the Allies. Part 5 is the Belgium horizons and the flavor objects such as roadsigns.

Whenever you want to go back to regular CMFI or CMFI GL, all these parts need to be pulled out of the mod folder. Or your troops in July 1943 Sicily will be wearing snow camo!

Now you see why you definitely should track down a mod manager!

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Thanks

kohlenklau

Uh oh, I am 3/6 through the beer but only 1/12 through the uploads...

I see the rar file size is about 60MB so I am also uploading to the repository.

This might take a few days. I shoulda bought a 750mL bottle of hootch instead.

@Erwin,

The sad answer is no. Not yet.

I do have the Baraque de Fraiture map but it has no AI plans or anything.

imolestCat$ has modified an exisiting map into a map of the Our River area on the southern shoulder of the Bulge. FJ troops versus the 28th Infantry division.

he posted it to the cmmods site I believe. he also has posted some custom roadsigns I made for that map

I am motivated to start writing a few small scenarios or at least QB maps once the download is off my chest.

@bruce90: I appreciate your comments. On behalf of the "team", you are welcome.

I have to applaud you and the team for the amazing work; and I don't even own GL yet! I'm going to purchase this after my semester is over and download this right away, and do my best to make some scenarios (I've played GMT's Ardennes '44 more than I'd like to mention).