CMFI GL BULGE '44 UPLOADED TO GaJ site

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods

Currently it is the last mod on page 4 of the CMFI GL mod section....

Alright, that was easy.

I didn't upload the roadsigns yet. I have a few more to make.

But all the gloves, white winter gear, horizons and helmets are there.

I didn't do a readme. So, if anyone has any questions, just ask away here.

Thanks to mjkerner for all his hard work. He'll be back in a week I think.

TIP: put this big a$$ folder in your mod folder, start CMFI GL and then open the scenario editor. You can set the date as late as May 1944 and purchase your troops, then change the date to December 1943. Then it is winter and the game will let you select greatcoats in the unit purchase appearance menu. Purchase heer grenadiers but they will look more like Waffen-SS troops.

Based on any feedback, we can make revisions.

Now get out there and make some Bulge '44 scenarios!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you and mjkerner for pulling this together. Once MG comes out I plan on working on a few Bulge (pre-snow) scenarios using MG. I need those later war vehicles but will swap out for greatcoats and foliage. We're going to have a long wait for the official Bulge release so might as well get started.

Keep up the good work on CMPzC.

For this mod, like a few others out there, it is like a menu in a Chinese restaurant, for choice #1 you have to pick between maybe 2 options, the egg-drop soup or the wonton noodle soup, right? And then that also gets you a pre-set either of the spicy shrimp or the General Tsao eggroll.

I think in this case, mjkerner has 2 folders that you pick either one of. And then that also gets you a pre-set either of the 2 helmet folders.

Bulge battles with Waffen-SS, please use "zzzzz GL_German Winter SS Infantry in Greatcoats"

and of course you'd then also load "zzzzz GL_German Winter SS Helmets for Grtcoat"

Bulge battles with regular heer troops <<not modded to be Volksgrenadiers yet!>>

please use "zzzzz GL_German Winter Infantry in Greatcoats" and of course you'd

also load "zzzzz GL_German Winter Heer Helmets"

There is maybe another one of these forks in the road in the mod. Or should I have said "chopsticks in the road"? hmmmm

Awesome work. Thank you.

Note that there were 4 or 5 files that had names that were "too long". Not sure what to do about that or even what files those were.

I once had a similar problem with a different mod and IIRC that is a windows related problem that occurs when you unpack files to folder with a long path. Try to unpack them to a folder that has a short path, maybe that helps.

I have to double-check if mjkerner put it in there, but the goal was to also have a few small teams for the Waffen-SS battles that you would leave in standard appearance. They still get gloves and Waffen-SS helmets, but they would be in Dot 44 camo jacket with ss eagle on left sleeve and a variety of pants.

I really kept piling the work on him and he did a great job. If anything is goofed then it is my fault since I was SUPPOSED to have tested it all out. I did load it and we made a few changes such as deleting white gloves and another experiment he tried with a white US tanker jacket.

Now, tonight or definitely this week I will aim to finish all my various roadsign packs and get them uploaded. And I am also awaiting Tempests return so he can school me up on some other awesome signs we can flavorize the stew with....

AND AND AND

If anyone knows of a vehicle mod that looks great or MIGHT LOOK GREAT in this CMFI GL Bulge '44 mod, please holler it out so I can try to work to file swap and get it available.

ANOTHER AND AND AND

I have the Baraque de Fraiture map and will upload it also. 2km x 2km. no bells and whistles, no AI plans, no units.

Ok here is some feedback: everything looks pretty & fits the 1944 winter scenarios really well, BUT

80le.jpg

ql1q.jpg

is this supposed to look like that? Did you check for historical evidence of german soldiers wearing those...well, whatever they are called? It looks a bit weird to me, like a bucthers pinafore:

25350550.jpg

"burning out the server" with a whopping 20 downloads!!

I spotted a horizon file problem.

In the haze mode, the east horizon was the wrong color.

Sorry, fellas, I must have goofed and named one wrong.

If you want the new file sent to you by e-mail, please pm me.

Here next week or so, we will revise the mod and fix a few problems and add some new stuff.

22 downloads. A snowball rolling down Mount Everest!

Outta the way!!!!

OUTTA THE WAYYYY!!!!!

After like 13 years of playing the game I have slightly touched giving BACK to the "community" and even that teensy bit feels very rewarding. THANKS!

I really wish we could get some specific vehicle mods done.

Or maybe some foxholes with snowy effects? Etc.

I am still working on some signs.

If dum-dums like me can do even this, imagine what those pro's will give us for the REAL CM Bulge. late 2014? This is just an appetizer. Calamari!!! Buon Appetito!!!

I really wish we could get some specific vehicle mods done.

Or maybe some foxholes with snowy effects? Etc.

If you can do horizons and signs, i absolutly trust in your ability to do the vehicles and foxholes as well :). I thought about modding the CMSF German army vehicles and uniforms in a way so they look more european and can be used in togather with the Euroscape mod, so i know they are easily accessible and modifyable. It is just the huge amount of work that kept me from doing so. But if you & mjkerner would be willing do the work for the CMFI snow vehicles, i am sure many would apreciate that.

OK, I now have fixes for anyone who doesn't want the bed sheet camo.

a couple rar's of 4 -6 MB each. If you can't wait for this to be rolled into the mod as an option for rev 1.1 sometime in a week or so after mj gets back from vacanza.

Or maybe the bedsheet is the option and non-bedsheet is the standard default.

AND I will try and make a nice readme to explain what goes with what.

I'm still kinda figuring it out myself.

I'm back, Phil. Great trip, but have to unpack and take care of some chores, etc. Quick answer is, you are right, that is just an attempt at "torn-up bed sheet" improvised camo, which I will further modify by covering more of the shoulder area.

IIRC, the bed sheet uniforms were numbered the highest, so simply deleting them from the folders they are in won't otherwise affect anything.

Good job uploading, and downloads are well above your prediction (6)! ;-)

Thanks Mark & welcome back.

I took care of a few e-mails with changes. I didn't realize you could just delete those 2 files. I sent copies of other greatcoats to replace them. Is there any system to the random selection of the types of greatcoats? That you know of....

Do your chores and we will huddle up later in the week by e-mail to iron out v2.0.

It would be helpful to know which sub-mods can work together and which won't.

I am assuming that all the Allied files will work all together and there is no need to select anything.

Re the Germans, my understanding is that we need to separate out the SS folders from the Heer folders.

However, are there any mod sub-folders that should be used in both the Heer folder AND the SS folder??

Please forgive me for not doing a proper readme.

I just wanted to get the ba$tard uploaded and off my chest.

We will rectify this soon.

Oh gosh, it feels so powerful to act a little like Steve!

Let me try it again.

"NO! there will not be toques. They didn't appear that often and LL Bean was not involved in any of the sales. (Maine joke)"

To answer your question:

yes, always load the gloves. which are really the skins aka "faces"

Perhaps this image with subfolders renamed can better explain it?

CMFIGLBULGE44SUBFOLDERCHOICES_zps24b78e8d.png