2.0 update confusion

I suspect part of the confusion lies in the concept that a 2.0 patch upgrade brings the game version up to 2.01 rather than 2.0. I certainly find that confusing and wonder why the patch isn't called the 2.01 patch?

Not true. There are two items. The 2.0 upgrade which made your version 2.0. Later a new patch was released which changed the version number of the game to 2.01. The files on my HD are called, wait for it, "CMBN_v200_Upgrade_Setup.exe" and "CMBN_v201_Patch_Setup.exe" respectively.

Yup. It's almost as if Redwolf were deliberately trying to introduce confusion where none previously existed.

I wonder why he would do that.

I have a friend who is like that. He isn't stupid in the usual sense, and he means well. But in dealing with any kind of practical matter, he always seems to veer off into a dark realm where white is black and black is white. He has this demon that causes him to interpret instructions in some kind of novel way that will prevent them from attaining the desired goal. Always. But he is a Pisces, so what can you expect?

Michael

At one point I recall seeing a thread in which Battlefront said they would sell the base Normandy game updated to the 2.0 upgrade once they sold out all the version 1 disks.

I am crossing my fingers that they do this. Even though I already have Normandy I am waiting for a bundle deal that includes all 3 updated titles. My steel game case is waiting for this.

I have a friend who is like that. He isn't stupid in the usual sense, and he means well. But in dealing with any kind of practical matter, he always seems to veer off into a dark realm where white is black and black is white. He has this demon that causes him to interpret instructions in some kind of novel way that will prevent them from attaining the desired goal. Always. But he is a Pisces, so what can you expect?

Michael

Come on be honest. You know you dont have any friends. You are talking about yourself aren't you?

Before this thread totally pengs, one brief bit of (hopefully) helpful advice:

Before you pre-order, start your currently installed CM:BN game. Look at the splash screen. Down in the lower right hand corner is a version number. The first digit is important.

If it is v1.xx, then you need the Market Garden + V2.0 Upgrade bundle

If it is v2.xx, then the bare Market Garden module is all you need.

^^^

Hope that helps.

(Now I'm off to charge at Bil!)

Ken