ALLIED - CMBN-Market Garden - BETA AAR (the better beta beater reader)

So, 2 tanks down. NONE of them spotted the German tanks or flak. Are they blind?

Ken

Well, the fact that your Cromwells did not spot anything can be explained IMO by the fact that both of them were sitting in the open fileld (dunes). Bil's armor OTOH was well hidden in the clumps of trees and bushes.

It is also my experience that one should always attempt to position a tank in the trees or bushes as it gives a real bonus to concealment and permits to get the first shot in a potential tank firefight..

C3k. I´m sorry but what are you thinking in this situation? To go head to head with a jpIV and a Panther, when you are in the open and they are behind concealment? Now you must use your challenger and Piat team very wisely. I´m not a pro on this, but this misstake was, meh...

C3k. I´m sorry but what are you thinking in this situation? To go head to head with a jpIV and a Panther, when you are in the open and they are behind concealment? Now you must use your challenger and Piat team very wisely. I´m not a pro on this, but this misstake was, meh...

Well, let's all remember... The Panther and JgpzIV got into position during the replay. My FIRST order for the NEXT turn was to get the Cromwells out of there.

I'll march my men past them, as a reminder that they shouldn't sit in the open.

Another turn awaits!

Turn 53:00 to 52:00

Luckily, I had the Challenger well positioned! After the Cromwells got holed, the Challenger crew, using their situational awareness, were able to change the balance of forces on the battlefield!

52Challiedeathfirst.jpg

...and as they reversed with their gore-filled turret...

52Challiedeath.jpg

So, that stings. The balance is, indeed, shifted. Just not the way I'd like.

No matter! It's not like that one piece of iron really matters. It's a battle of WILLS, not of THINGS!

My Cromwell, the one left, is reversing the hell out of there. My Piats will infiltrate, as best they can.

The goal is the same: Kill Bil! Or at least capture the town!

53 to 52, the town

Well, let's look there, shall we? It's a bit nicer for me...at the moment.

First, the ugliness.

52fields.jpg

Running pell-mell through the fields is not without risk. "See that men? The ones in BACK are the ones who bought it. Don't be the laggard! Hurry forward when I order you!"

It came from...

52fields2.jpg

This is one of a small cluster of houses on the left of the Town Center. I'd like to isolate the Germans there, if not eradicate them, and then fully control the Town Center.

My Town Center operation:

52towntop.jpg

And, overall...

52orders.jpg

Armored contacts in boxes. I was expecting infantry. Well, no matter. Piats up, and press on!

Still...

52town.jpg

Overview...

52road.jpg

End of turn...

52jpz4004.jpg

52end.jpg

Retrenchment.

I'll stick with Town Center. Ooze a bit on the left of the dunes, but hold in the Ardennes. Due to the deadly nature of the dunes, I'll rename that area Arrakis.

Oh, you ever get that sinking feeling that you pressed the "Done" button but forgot something? Yeah. Oops.

Some would redo their outbound turn. Not my style. I don't test maps. I don't use the editor to run matchups. None of that gruff. I go in clean, run dirty, and see how it goes. That's the way I run, Johnny.

Good stuff.

"Running pell-mell through the fields is not without risk. See that men? The ones in BACK are the ones who bought it. Don't be the laggard! Hurry forward when I order you!" :)

I can almost here you saying this c3k to the boys. Entertaining AAR.

What happened to the "Den of Death?

"Running pell-mell through the fields is not without risk. See that men? The ones in BACK are the ones who bought it. Don't be the laggard! Hurry forward when I order you!" :)

I can almost here you saying this c3k to the boys. Entertaining AAR.

What happened to the "Den of Death?

Den of Death is getting hosed by the AA tanks in the pix upscreen. Getting it from two sides. It'll be the Den of Swiss Cheese, soon enough!!