AXIS - CMBN-Market Garden - BETA AAR

But Bill, why a HMG team in that windmill, you only need there eyes, right? And they will probably attract heavy fire in no time when they open up and probably even sooner. I mean, a scout team would do too.

True a scout team would do.. but I wanted something that could interdict his movement if necessary. Even if I have to reposition them often.. which I'm sure i will have to do.

I have a question about the new 15mm halftrack.

And feel free to not answer the question if you are not allowed to :)

Does the 15mm have a new sound or is it the same as the 50 cal?

I'll let you know as soon as I use it in action.. this is the first time I have used any of these AA vehicles. I might even, if you guys are nice to me, post a movie of them firing, unless they are not yet ready to show (still in BETA after all) in that case I won't be posting any movie files. :D

Bil

I'll let you know as soon as I use it in action.. this is the first time I have used any of these AA vehicles. I might even, if you guys are nice to me, post a movie of them firing, unless they are not yet ready to show (still in BETA after all) in that case I won't be posting any movie files. :D

Bil

I am mainly interested because I want to know if I need to add another sound to my soundmod :D

The models are awesome for sure. Tip of the hat to the modelers and texture artists, beautiful stuff.

I neglected to mention that I am using movie mode again for this AAR.

Bil

I think the Wirbelwind was one of my favorite Tamiya models ever way, way back in the day when I built those things.

Gonna be a lot of fun to get it in MG, even if just to grab some screenies as a desktop wallpaper.

If his troops are wearing stilletos then their feet are going to be killing them.

I don't think stilettos and polder go together very well, do you? Squish, squish...

It might be a form of ninjutsu....stealth, camouflage, and sabotage... as Ken will resort to desperate tactics in desperate situations :D

The recon team that I have overwatching the EAA 1 approach has taken up its position. Nothing sighted yet along this approach.

9604598774_9ecde894a8_b.jpg

The HMG team will be in position in the windmill next turn...

9601362135_ea6502a51d_b.jpg

The first halftrack from 1/10 (1st Plt/10 Ko.) has arrived at its overwatch position as the follow-on units make their approach. Note the enemy teams in the bottom image... they are indeed paras, and two of them moved into the buildings on the farm. Note also that there are now four contact icons... I think two of those are echoes.. but I won't know for sure probably until next turn.

9601362091_e1a1e5bb22_b.jpg

Now that 1/10 is moving into position near the town I am moving one Tank Section up to cover the approach on the other side of the town... they will also be able to cover the Dunes area, which is another high point on this map.

9601361997_70e3333def_b.jpg

Not exactly sure why, but compared to others, your AARs are always so easy to follow and entertaining. Thanks for doing them!

PS: Not that others are bad, but yours are just better.

That means a lot coming from you Frederico. I love hearing from guys like you who don't post much but are obviously ever present. Cheers.

Bil

Cool windmills. I know this is Beta but to be clear, the vanes are stationary?

Map looks attractive. Maximum elevation? Yes Bil, your AARs are easy to follow, entertaining and educational. Thanks as well.

Sorry Buzz, doesn't mean as much coming from you. ;)

Re the windmills.. yep stationary.. but really unless they were operating they wouldn't be rotating.. and I can't picture the miller in there working his equipment with soldiers and tanks shooting at each other outside his door. ;)

Sorry Buzz, doesn't mean as much coming from you. ;)

Re the windmills.. yep stationary.. but really unless they were operating they wouldn't be rotating.. and I can't picture the miller in there working his equipment with soldiers and tanks shooting at each other outside his door. ;)

I am getting all verklemptez Bil.... pick a topic...windmills create wind ... from grain... speak amongst yourselves... discuss ;)

Nothing like using a common sense stiletto to make a point :)

I suspect Kens troops will reconnoiter for the fermented grain liquids and if they meet Bils troops... truce over brews :)

Speaking of windmills, some may find this interesting. Don Quoixte's sidekick Sancho Panza was so named because of his weight. Spanish panza = belly. The German word for armor-Panzer- comes from the same root word as it originally refered to breastplates.

Speaking of windmills, some may find this interesting. Don Quoixte's sidekick Sancho Panza was so named because of his weight. Spanish panza = belly. The German word for armor-Panzer- comes from the same root word as it originally refered to breastplates.

LOL - well, there's a great screen name just waiting to be taken: Sancho Panzer.

LOL - well, there's a great screen name just waiting to be taken: Sancho Panzer.

ROFL - I actually googled it and it appears to be taken by at least three people:

-the first is a sci-fi comic book character who actually rides a futuristic tank

-the second is a music group (meh)

-the third, my favourite, is a doctor in Wentorf bei Hamburg. (!!!!). A doctor!. A most awesome one, I presume:

http://wentorf-bei-hamburg.stadtbranchenbuch.com/3090210.html

He even has some nice comments. People actually call him Dr. Panzer, how cool is that?

There may be more, but after Dr. Panzer, there's no point in continuing the search.

I had a kid on my recreational baseball team named Sancho Panza (from Argentina) and his father was German! Sancho was no A-Rod but I would not block his stealing any base. VERY SOLID guy without fear = HARD sliding SOB.

Ken is still traveling but expects to be home tomorrow and get me a turn tomorrow night.

More subterfuge and pixie dust Bil :)