Please Help

I Just bought Strike Force and Marines bundle. That's all I have on my hard drive. When the game starts, it displays version 1.11. For crying out loud, what the damn hell patch do I need to update game to latest build!! So far, every attempt to patch has messed the game up. 1.21..1.31...1.32..1.87....whatever. Why is this so difficult? What patch do I need?

Thanks for any help.

Well, I'd go in order, and read the install note in every patch after 1.11 VERY carefully. Make sure that you are choosing both CMSF and the Marines module. In a couple of the patches you have to check the box for each title.

I'll almost guarantee it's user error and you are missing or doing something wrong...LOL because I have screwed it up myself a few times.

Mord.

1.) CMSF 1.21 incremental patch...MAKE SURE IT'S NOT the Gamersgate/Paradox patch. Make sure you are installing for CMSF + Marines ONLY.

2.)CMSF v1.31 incremental patch. Make sure you are installing for CMSF + Marines ONLY.

3.)CMSF v1.32 incremental patch. Make sure you are installing for CMSF + Marines ONLY.

Also in case you have any mods installed (doesn't sound like you do) remove them from z folder

Let me know how it works out.

Mord.

What Mord has posted is correct.

The 1.21 patch for Gamersgate/Paradox has to be purchased, so you typically will not be accidentally downloading it (the Battlefront version is free).

If you don't pay close attention you can accidentally install the patch (1.21 and greater) for modules that you don't have. That would lead to license dialog boxes requesting to activate the game for those module license keys. If that happens, then just reinstall that patch and make sure to make the correct selections.