Gloves!!!

The entire "skeleton" models of the winter soldiers needs to be reworked

by Battlefront. We do not only need gloves but also scarfs around the necks

and heads and some with a woolen hat under the helmet etc.

The longcoats are a good first step into the right direction but it's not

good enough yet because I can almost feel how my men are freezing in the bitter cold... ;)

P.S.: There was a similar discussion about a year ago regarding the SS soldiers wearing a smock - then a new skeleton was created by BF.

P.P.S.: But unfortunately the SS helmets with cover are still not looking realistic...

Fast service. Me gusta!

My comments:

On your thick hazes I see some stray pixels on the right edge of north file or left edge of east file. It causes that "radio antenna" effect.

You are a self-taught master and I will get stoned to death to say this, but I like the washed out effect of the trees on the haze and thick haze horizons but I feel we should see more true unwashed colors for the clear weather blue sky horizons. I think they should be greener BUT still with slight dusting of the trees with snow. Possibly hard to balance those 2 considerations. Am I describing this clearly?

That one higher part, the west horizon? In my opinion I think it is too high. Maybe dial it back down.

Please. :D

Ok, I will try :)

On your thick hazes I see some stray pixels on the right edge of north file or left edge of east file

Check closely (zoom in) the stock horizon, you will see that the problem is there, and it has always been, a non fixable graphic bug more apparent when the horizons used are highly detailed.

Hey Fuser,

I am half-right. I caused a long line in the sky due to some stray pixels and when I removed them, that stray line went away.

I also got some of the stray line you have to go away because I used a final layer of haziness. The parts above the trees is gone because I think the 3 alpha clouds never play a part in my horizons.

But as you suggested, when in game I super zoomed in at the north-east border between the horizon files and there is some graphics bug there.

I suggest you have that area be a snowy meadow sicne it seems the white color minimizes the graphics bug, whereas trees there shows the bug. If you have time.

Thanks for showing me this.

On another note, I am itching to break into vehicle modding.

I am eye-balling trying to do this and save it with the [snow] file extensions.

320px-Snow_camouflaged_M4A3_Sherman_tank_with_a_76mm_gun,_of_the_709th_Tank_Battalion,_supporting_the_75th_Division,_Colmar_region_of_France,_31_January_1945.jpg

Nothing to laugh at there, Phil. If you haven't already, you might want to do it in layers...ad a layer, do a few brush strokes, add another layer, etc. You can adjust the opaqueness of layers, so you can make the color of the vehicle show through; it will look like some paint has worn off, or the painter had less paint on the brush for some strokes/moved faster with the air brush over an area. Stuff like that.

Thanks fellas

#1 Well, I need to decide what program to use.

paint.NET is free and I like the layer tool lay-out seems, intuitive so far.

I am very comfortable with it.

It is unfortunately as far as I know missing tools like pen-tool, spray can, etc

I got Pasc paint Shop pro 9 for free but it is so far NOT intuitive, vector layers?

I don't easily yet see how to add or change layers.

What should I be using?

Fuser,

I want to weather my new Bulge 44 roadsigns. I am thinking to find a mud splatter texture and put some on a new layer on the sign. Is that what you would do? So far I hand drew in on a layer with a couple brown colors, vertical drips and runs and some splatter. But is HD texture the better way to go?

Thanks fellas

#1 Well, I need to decide what program to use.

paint.NET is free and I like the layer tool lay-out seems, intuitive so far.

I am very comfortable with it.

It is unfortunately as far as I know missing tools like pen-tool, spray can, etc

I got Pasc paint Shop pro 9 for free but it is so far NOT intuitive, vector layers?

I don't easily yet see how to add or change layers.

What should I be using?

I dont know any of the two, but i would recommend you to use either Artweaver or Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop is an excellent but expensive programm. Artweaver is a much cheaper programm, but it is almost as good as Photoshop and has a similar layout. There is also a downgraded free version of Artweaver available.

Fuser,

I want to weather my new Bulge 44 roadsigns. I am thinking to find a mud splatter texture and put some on a new layer on the sign. Is that what you would do? So far I hand drew in on a layer with a couple brown colors, vertical drips and runs and some splatter. But is HD texture the better way to go?

I would use alpha masked textures of dirt and rust for that and blend them on the signs. Send a roadsign to me and I will try something if you want...