Chinese and Russian surrender plus sone game notes

Im playing AoD waw 1939 scenario and it's now jan 1946. I'm playing the axis side. This is my first game of AoD and I hadnt expected to play that far in game time but I'm learning a lot keeping it going as opposed to starting a new game.

My question is when will china and or ussr surrender. China in particular. I have taken its capital 3 times and at most they have 2 cities left under their control, both in the far southwest corner by Thailand. It's taken forever to get this far but I can't see why they haven't surrendered yet.

In Russia I have taken Leningrad Stalingrad and just took Moscow but I figured they would hold on for a while, but china is not making much sense. I want to use Japan to finish off Russia once china is done.

On a side note I only attacked the USA after it was at war with Germany for a few months and then I took Hawaii and garrisoned it strongly, it's kept America fairly tame in the pacific. I beat back an invasion on Okinawa but having Hawaii hurt the USA it seems. But doing that kept me from taking singapoeRe and Thailand and a poor invasion choice cost me a chance at manila. But overall I'll take it.

Germany is doing well in ussr I have a line of troops just past Moscow and I had Baku almost in my grasp til turkey went allies and screwed that up a bit for me. Paris has traded hands a couple times in last few months so I think I have allies bottled up but Italy fell and so might the German units in northern Italy.

Overall though not a bad situation for the axis in jan 46.

I'm finding I like this game more than any game I've played in years. I'm a gamer going back to the 80's and advanced squad leader.

When you capture Chungkin, you get a message that the Chines capital moves to Langchow. When you capture Langchow, you get a message that the Chines capital moves to Urumchi.

Once you got all three of those cities (and keep them, the Chines shouldn't take any of those 3 back), they will surrender in 1-2-3 turns.

I usually take Chungkin with one team and use another team to take Langchow & Urumchi. I think you can even take Langchow before you take Chungkin, the capital moves directly to Urumchi then.

For Russia, I don't think you got to take Leningrad to make them surrender, the capital moves from Moscow to Stalingrad. And then to... euh... not sure... but I think somewhere far east.

That being said, taking Leningrad is a good decision. Once you get Finland to join you (or invade it), your mines & cities in Norway & Sweden are conected to Germany and go up to 10! Plus, it's a city that is easy to defend and can act as a stronghold against the Russians.

By the way... it's also smart to DOW Turkey and take it, immediatly after USSR & USA declared war. Because, if you got Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Egypt and all of east Africa gets connected to Germany too, which gives you extra MPPs too!

Also, you might consider to take Spain & Gibraltar once USA & USSR DOW. on Germany (not sooner, it will bump up their activation alot).

And ofcourse, make sure you get Egypt.

Because... once you got Gibraltar & Egypt, the allies can't get to North Africa and Italy is safe!

Thanks taojah. China surrendered 2 turns later. I'm still working on Russia, they moved their capital to the ural mountain range after I took Moscow. I already had Stalingrad and Leningrad.

As far as Egypt that was a goal I never got to. I didn't have enough units to do everything. But it's may 46 and I'm still holding most of Europe so I'm good. Almost time to start a new game as the axis