Guess what...

I like all the guesses that are outside of the June-Sept timeframe. We do appreciate your creativity as well as your enthusiasm :D

I do not know how many Packs we might make for Normandy. I can think of enough stuff for at least 2, probably more. For example... Free French, Ost Batallion, Festungs Batallion, etc. can be added over time, in addition to the plethora of oddball vehicles.

The new Upgrade strategy was developed SPECIFICALLY so we can keep adding content over many years, if necessary, without the game getting more and more behind the times. You guys were pretty clear that it would suck to buy Modules/Packs only to see the game remain the same while other Families improved. You also made it pretty clear you didn't want to wait another 10 years for us to come back to Normandy with an improved game engine. You're funny like that :D

Modules are huge undertakings for us so by necessity we can only manage a few per Family. But Packs? We can manage doing a lot of those simultaneously along with our other work, so after a Module or two for a Family you'll see Packs coming out as long as we feel the sales potential justifies making them.

Steve

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the question about the M-18's use, or lack of use, of the muzzle brake...

Both are correct. Earlier production units lacked the muzzle brake but starting in June 1944 they started putting them on at the factory. At that point almost 1/2 of the total production had been made without muzzle brakes. Some of which were made with the M1A1C barrel which did have a provision for a field applied muzzle brake.

Which means that earlier in the Western Front the M18s would likely have no muzzle brake, but towards the end of the war most probably did. Surviving examples are, therefore, more likely to have the muzzle brake.

Steve

I'm all for it. It would be cool to not only keep the families up to date code wise, but to get some new units every now and again after you guys have "officially" completed the title. Using CMSF as an example, it's been finished for quite a few years now, but it would be neat to see, say a pack that was all French hardware come along (something I imagine you could do once you guys go back and remake it). New equipment and the like would freshen up the title just as much as code upgrades.

The flexibility this affords is really exciting and with some creative thinking could go in some really cool directions. You could not only do nation packs, but terrain packs, or something I have always hoped for; a flavor object pack (or combos of all). With the return to CMSF later on, I figured after you guys did Syria you could create some terrain packs so that we could battle in other parts of the world, like A-Stan. You basically could set up CMSF2 as a plug and play sand box if you wanted. Add new Op For elements and terrain. Don't get me wrong, I am SUPER pumped about returning to Syria under the updated code but why end it there once we have everything from the original?

Anyway, just some thoughts. I really love the direction you guys are heading. It's been very exciting ever since that announcement last year, the addition of packs make it more so. And don't let any of the naysayers get in the way. This strategy is a dream come true.

Mord.

I do not know how many Packs we might make for Normandy. I can think of enough stuff for at least 2, probably more. For example... Free French, Ost Batallion, Festungs Batallion, etc. can be added over time, in addition to the plethora of oddball vehicles.

Can I just give you my credit card details and you just add a few things to my account every couple of months. :D

The chance to get other minor Commonwealth Nations and the Free French into CMFI would also be brilliant. Terrain packs if possible so we can design up airfields, ports, industrial areas etc would still be at the top of my personal wish list. It's not how you blow something up, but what you're blowing up that's important!

Still liking this new direction your guys are going down.

Crocodiles in a later pack sounds like a good guess on the plethora of oddball vehicles showing up.

"The next Western Front Family takes things from October through the final days of the war."

Pretty clear.

"The new Upgrade strategy was developed SPECIFICALLY so we can keep adding content over many years, if necessary, without the game getting more and more behind the times..... so after a Module or two for a Family you'll see Packs coming out as long as we feel the sales potential justifies making them."

Sounds like a win win strategy to me. Sounds like CM customers have plenty of gaming content on the way.... even a new, improved SF-2 & "Black Sea" in this mix. Hard Drive space is cheap.... CM content is valuable.... keep it coming Steve.

Steve

Looking forward to more packs ... don't forget the Ranger and Commando formations :D