Guess what...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh... a little more uncertainty than I thought there would be. Well done Webwing for the unusual perspective that allowed for some uncertainty :D

Pak40,

Not a good assumption :) First, the timeframe for the entire Normandy Family stops at September. Nothing introduced after September is being included now or in the future. The next Western Front Family takes things from October through the final days of the war.

Second, Market Garden is really and truly focused on Market Garden and not the entire front. Future Packs will expand the Normandy Family's component pieces for the entire June-September timeframe. The first Pack is almost definitely going to contain the much requested "Funnies" and oddball stuff that the Germans threw at the Allies in the early days of the landings. Which ones specifically are yet to be determined.

Steve

Well, crud! My assumption was based on logic since even OMG really bleeds into the "Island" actions in October 44. The end of October seemed the obvious stopping point for the CMBN family. But once again BF has defied logic :D

About CMBN timeframe. Don't think vehicles, think foliage. Stopping the end of September meant CMBN stays a 'summer' title. Transitioning the whole title over to fall ground and foliage would've been a bit of a monster with very little bang for the buck. Eisenhower spent much of October stabilizing the front, all of the German armor west of the Rhine was pretty much dead. Starting the Hurtgen battles in Oct. would've meant ending 'em halfway through the fight.

Where did you get that from? I am genuinely puzzled since all along BFC has stated quite clearly that it will be the last module of the Normandy family.

:confused:

Michael

There is supposed to be at least one more for normandy with all the "funny" vehicles and odds and ends that didnt get in the modules.

They didnt clearly state if that would be a module or a smaller thing.

There is supposed to be at least one more for normandy with all the "funny" vehicles and odds and ends that didnt get in the modules.

They didnt clearly state if that would be a module or a smaller thing.

Uh, I think Steve did clearly state that that will be a pack, although it was a while ago.

Michael

Uh, I think Steve did clearly state that that will be a pack, although it was a while ago.

Michael

I recall him saying that it most likely would be a pack but that they werent sure.

But its all down to our memories and we all know we are getting on in the years (and we know what happens to memory then :P )

He just stated it on page 2;

Second, Market Garden is really and truly focused on Market Garden and not the entire front. Future Packs will expand the Normandy Family's component pieces for the entire June-September timeframe. The first Pack is almost definitely going to contain the much requested "Funnies" and oddball stuff that the Germans threw at the Allies in the early days of the landings. Which ones specifically are yet to be determined.

Steve

Well it is definately an open-top turret so allied tank destroyer is the best bet.

Judging from the (limited) look of the chassi I would say M18.

M36 used the same chassi as the M10 and they dont have that look to the rear part of it.

That said, the gun is lacking the muzzle brake that the M18 had.

So my best guess would be the M36B1 that uses the sherman chassi with he 90mm armed turret that went on the M36. And those 90mm guns didnt always have a muzzle brake.

EDIT: seems i spoke too soon. Some M18 models did not have a muzzle brake (ive only seen them with one tho) so its a bit of a tossup. But my bet is still on the M36B1

Surprised that there aren't any posts claiming this is a conspiracy by BFC to get people to purchase the scandalous MG module. The same module that shot both Kennedy and Palme.

;)

Who am I kidding, bought every module since CMSF days. I don't see myself making an exception. I am hoping it's an M36. Finally the Amis would get something that can reliably ventilate big cats from the front.

EDIT: The more I look at the geometry of the rear hull corner and the front lights the more I think it looks like an M18. Which is almost equally cool. Speedy bugger. Bound to be used in too many gamey ways to even describe.