sub questions

have to say im really enjoying this game, very addictive.

is there really only 3 sub techs? it appears ive maxed out the sub techs and its only 1941 which seems a little off. i assume because the tech reads 3/3 and its red this is the case. im playing as the axis.

i still have a chit in the sub tech. should this set to 0 if i have indeed maxed it out?

if i have 3 subs on a convoy route do i inflict 3 raiding penalties? it seems sometimes i do and sometimes i dont.

Hi Lofty,

Yes subs are maxed out to sub tech 3 and if your research advancements were quick enough then by 1941 this is certainly possible.

We do have it max out at 5 in other campaigns, just looking at the Storm Over Europe campaign and off hand I'm not sure why we lowered it to 3 for the Global campaigns but likely for balance reasons.

If you have a chit in sub tech and it is maxed out then yes it is best to reclaim it as it will no longer help you in that category.

Each sub on a convoy route can inflict a raiding penalty but you just need to ensure you are not adjacent any enemy units. Additionally if some of the raiding subs have already done maximum damage then any additional subs will of course not inflict any further damage as expected.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

The supply level has to be greater than 5 for subs to raid. Once they get to 5 or less, the supply number is greyed out and I found that subs at that point will not raid at all. If they still do, then their effect is minimal at best.

Not sure it that is how it is supposed to work, but that is what I found occurs in the game. It made sense so I assumed it WAD :)

sub tech should really be able to hit level 5 imo. tanks and aircraft can so players shouldnt be stopped form developing advanced subs if they so wish.

by late war germany had very advanced subs that wouldve defo have been a game changer if they had been researched way earlier so its disappointing that we cant focus on sub tech even if it means sacrificing something else.

any chance of this being changed?

Hi Lofty,

I'm a little hesitant to make this type of change now as we did also have it this way for GOLD and as mentioned it probably helped to balance the game in a Global setting but this can easily be changed on your end by opening the Campaign up in the Editor.

Simply go to Campaign->Edit Country Data and then Edit Research and change the Max Level for Advanced Subs as desired.

Hope this helps,

Hubert