Ownership of Petsamo area of Finland

I notice in 1.01 in response I think to a post you have changed the ownership of tiles in the North of Finland so that the USSR has a border with Norway.

Surely this is incorrect until the Winter War event as Finland had access to the sea in the North until she lost out in the Winter War after which USSR took over that territory and after WW2 has actually retained it. The Finns and Germans did recapture the lost territory during Barbarossa. I guess this might be subject to a diplomatic incident if you try to arbitrate as to whether that land belonged to Finland or USSR but strictly speaking in 1939 Finland was in occupation of it so I guess after the Winter war you have a choice to make it belong to Finland but occupied by USSR or annexed by USSR but in Sept 1939 it should not be as it is.

Regards

Mike

Actually Finland held on to Petsamo after the Winter War - it was only ceded to the Soviet Union in 1944, at which point Norway had a border with the Soviet Union for the first time; see eg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Peace_Treaty

The key passage is:

"Interestingly, there was also an area that the Russians captured during the war, which remained in Finnish hands according to the Peace Treaty: Petsamo. However, the peace treaty also stipulated that Finland would grant free passage for Soviet civilians through Petsamo to Norway."