Hetzer tank destroyer

Booo! Says I to that.

What about in Bagration?

Edit - poo, probably a smidge too late to make the cut for that party as well :(

-F

Not necessarily. The first Hetzers off the production line were sent to the East Front in July of 1944. So while they would not have been in action for Bagration itself, some of them were probably involved in the follow-up fighting

The exploitation offensives following the Bagration breakout didn't really stop until late August (more because the Soviets had outrun their supply lines and needed an operational pause than successful German defensive efforts). And given that CMBN's original scope runs from D-Day in early June through the closing of the Falaise pocket in August, it seems likely that the initial Bagration release will incorporate a similar time range. Therefore, units involved in the fighting on the East Front at least through August, 1944 should be included and this almost certainly means Hetzers make the cut.

They were, however, probably fairly rare in this time range, so it's possible they won't be included until a follow-on module er sumfink.

I don't have a figure immediately handy for when they were first seen in the ETO, but IIRC it was much later; BFC's decision to not include them until the BotB game may well be historically correct for the ETO.

Yes initial July 44 Hetzers went to Heeres Gruppe Nord and then August 44 is what I'm reading for more general introduction to the organic JPz kompanies in the various sorts of infantry formations... As you say prob be very rare in those initial months though.

Maybe we'll get lucky

:)