Sc3 announcement?

Good point Wodin as all the old SC games some of us still go back to every game so often as it would be a shame if there were no more upgrades. Not negative on Slitherine as I have bought a few but the only ones I come back to our the current SC games for some reason. It's either Hubert or Gary Grisgby that keeps myself coming back for more but nervous on this move.

The biggest concern is I doubt Slitherine will be happy if Fury Soft carry on making patches or improvements for the games under BF when they are now under Slitherines mighty umbrella

I hope your wrong about that. Because that would really suck big time if it true.

I think it's ashame after all these years they have left to Slitherine..

Crispy the contract is most likely to make a game and release it...I very much doubt the contract stipulates continued support for the foreseeable future. I expect it mentions any bugs to be fixed with patches but nothing more than that.

I also feel a little let down but understand it is business.

Just hope the same quality and support for old and new games continue. I am sure though I will at least by SC3 when it comes out and judge from their on as every SC is in my collection.

Time will tell. The overall SC concept has been pushed to its limit within the Battlefront market model. I doubt Fury would be able to get a larger fan base or even keep the old one if it sticks to BF. Everything that could be done here was done. Even lower prices wound'nt make much of a difference. Look at the forum activity, it speaks for itself...

Fury needs more exposure, more fresh input and Matrix/Slitherines is the only opportunity left for SC to reach all the wargamers not really aware of Fury's product quality. I'm sure some guys from Tow or Combat Mission did jump in the SC arena but the real wargamer profile is much closer to the ones who buy Gary Grigsby stuff.

No wonder 2by3 goes with Matrix! Not because Matrix is a really better company than Bf, simply put the wargamers goes there and so the designers follow. Just a matter of finding the best store for your product.

Would you sell high quality hunters equipment in some Sport Store dedicated mainly to golf , ski or tennis clothes ? Folks on a tennis court are pretty different from the buddies in the bush.

I wouldn't worry about the support of SC2.

If one thing is clear, than the fact that Hubert always provided support and patches for all of his games.

And don't forget: he surely is VERY interested in constant sales of SC2.

And last point to consider:

only the brilliance of SC2 will players interest into SC3. No matter where SC3 will be released, SC2 will still the best commercial Hubert can get for SC3.

On force concentration, perhaps two changes are needed:

1. In addition to current supply model where each unit calculates their supply individually, there needs to be an overall supply capacity of a region (Theatre) where you compare multiple supply sources with the number of units demanding supply. This would reduce supply level of units if the strategic capacity of the region is exceeded.

It would be nice if a power could pay MPP to temporarily boost the supply capacity of a theatre, this would simulate Mulberry harbours etc. in Normandy landings without specific detailed rules and reflect strategic prioritization of a theatre of war.

2. Please reduce air operational movement, this is the worst offender in force concentrations because air is easiest to deploy. Its true there were strategic redeployments of air but no power would strip a theatre completely to concentrate in one location and that is pretty common in seriously competitive games. Naval concentrations are more reasonable but even there have seen almost entire Axis and Allied navies facing off in Far East, doubt port capacity would support this model.

I second that, especially point 1, as it is now the entire Wermacht could be supplied from Tripoli, for instance. I imagine it is easier to progranm for a limited number of units receiving supply from army HQs, while the rest get no supply at all except if they are within the city hex

It would be realistic if the player could construct a supply model for the various theaters that would operate automatically. Originating from a fully operational "industrial center" in the major country and radiating out through the LoC, subject to interception, to be deposited in a theater located HQ of designation which distributes them through its command system.:) Simple?:eek: Right?:rolleyes: