Coming soon to BFC...the War of 1812

My personal strategy for this game,wind up the Peninsular War a bit earlier then send the troops who have been kicking Napoleons' Marshalls' butts all over Spain and Portugal straight across the Atlantic.Those insolent Yankee farmers will have no chance.

You do know what happened to the Peninsula veterans at New Orleans, don't you?

:D

In any event, once Canada was safe, the fighting in America was small potatoes compared to finally putting Napoleon down. In 1813, 1814, and then in 1815 that was first priority by a large margin.

Michael

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd bet that all of two people would buy that game. But they'd play it for the rest of their natural lives, and that's all that counts, right? Right?

:rolleyes:

Michael

If it only covered that particular conflict, maybe. But if it was a family of medieval games which covered different periods in different modules and packs, it'd be fairly popular, I think. Depends if the armour model is detailed enough to account for the personal harness of specific individuals; if it just classed a few (dozen) different types of mail, reinforced mail and plate harness (and the other composite armours that got used at various points), it could be pretty generic and the modders could work on the heraldry...

Still, the engine might struggle with battles like Crecy and Agincourt; more flying projectiles at once than most CM games, and lots more pYeomen.

This forum has always been a home for odd characters. Now we have both a cat molester and a guy who fancies beaver tail. I fear the consequences should the ASPCA get wind of this.

Aha i knew my name was mentioned somewhere! I could sense it... Just please, for the love of god, don't let PETA know about this!

PS: That People Eating Tasty Animals organization CANNOT find out about this. :D

This forum has always been a home for odd characters. Now we have both a cat molester and a guy who fancies beaver tail. I fear the consequences should the ASPCA get wind of this.

:(

Michael

PS: ;)

I thought beaver tail was just a euphemism for- well you know.

I thought beaver tail was just a euphemism for- well you know.

Nope it is a desert pastry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeaverTails

Note the picture of Obama getting his snack on a recent visit to Ottawa. For me they are linked to skating on the canal because they were one of the first food items you could buy from venders along the skate way and as a kid and then a teenager that is what we did skate and eat beaver tails.

As per the original post, the War of 1812 pitted a coalition of British forces, United Empire Loyalists and Native peoples against the American invaders.

In other news, Beaver Tail...not just for breakfast anymore.

My military history bookclub read the book

The Civil War of 1812: American Citizens, British Subjects, Irish Rebels, & Indian Allies (Alan Taylor)

and enjoyed it. Not too jingoistic.

One good thing that came out of the war. We gave Detroit back to the Americans.

Because some of you might arrive at this post with expectations of being enlightened...

Who can tell me the role Laura Secord played in the War of 1812?

Hint: it has nothing to do with chocolate...or beaver tails.

Because some of you might arrive at this post with expectations of being enlightened...

Who can tell me the role Laura Secord played in the War of 1812?

She was the wife of a Canadian militia officer and later a spy / informant for the British. Her home was in territory occupied by the American forces and soldiers were billeted at her home. Some how she found out about secret plans for surprise attack they were planning and she managed to slip away and walk many miles to warn the British commander who organized a combined British Mohawk defense that decisively defeated the American attack.