Marskmen in CMFI

This was tested out long ago. I don't recall the particulars, though. It does seem that if allowed to self-target a marksman will dispatch priority targets like heavy weapons crews and officers at a higher rate than regular infantry. I can't say that I see much of a difference with close-in battles where you're issuing the orders. The hit rate might be better, but at close range it would just go from high probability to slightly higher probability. :)

Does the sniper rifle have better accuracy and range stats from a non scoped model? I thought that was where the marksmen advantage was.

IME, the "squad marksman" or the "sniper" in one of the misnamed sniper teams (they're just the company's best shot given a scoped rifle, not Sniper-School-trained snake eaters) can be, if you'll pardon the pun, a bit hit and miss. Sometimes a Regular one will scratch out entire heavy weapons teams at 800m. Other times elite teams get spotted at 1200m in bocage and popped by DF mortars before they've scored any kills at all.

IME, the "squad marksman" or the "sniper" in one of the misnamed sniper teams (they're just the company's best shot given a scoped rifle, not Sniper-School-trained snake eaters) can be, if you'll pardon the pun, a bit hit and miss.

Nothing has been misnamed here. It's the guys with scoped rifles within a squad that are squad marksmen. Steve himself commented on the matter some time ago:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1297066&postcount=5