New file at the Repository: Vin's arrow unit bases (2013-07-01)

Vin’s arrow unit basesThis mod changes the unit bases to an arrow which makes it much more easier to tell which way units are facing even from higher above while eliminating the majority of the base underneath the unit. This improves the way the units look giving them a much cleaner look while maintaining maximum function of the base. I think many will find these an improvement over the stock bases in function, and attractiveness. There are 4 types to choose from; Thick bright arrow, thin bright arrow, thick faded arrow, and thin faded arrow. The default set has the bright thick arrow bases. To use different bases just swap the arrow folders out of the default folder. You can only use one base style at a time of green, or yellow, but you can make a new folder for a personal mix & match yellow, and green combo such as thick faded green arrow with thick bright yellow arrow. That is the combo I like best for low light battles. I use the default of bright thick green, and yellow for day battles.Enjoy,Vin

More...

Do we need this version for CMFI or will it work for CMBN as well?

There is only one version that will work with all CM games. I uploaded the same file to both CMFI, and CMBN not knowing where people are looking for their mods as there is no general place for mods that work with more than one CM game.

I just updated the mod to include all the alternate shapes I experimented with such as pentagon. Also, I included two more arrow styles that are extra thick bright, and faded. The latest is up at GaJ's, and should be up at repository soon.