Arrow unit base mod

I just updated the mod to include all the alternate shapes I experimented with such as pentagon. Also, I included two more arrow styles that are extra thick bright, and faded. The latest is up at GaJ's, and should be up at repository soon.

Thanks Vin! I never missed a base mod until I installed yours. Could never go back playing without it. It looks good and first of all it is very handy especially in larger battles. With your mod important info on the facing of units is instantly visible without the need to go closer and check everything out.

Summary: Again a small but highly effective mod as all of your mods are. Can't play without your animated text info. Also just a minor modification of the game but highly effective....

• 2 months later...

I am glad the mod has been helpful. I know it is a bit hard to find at the repository at the moment. When I re-uploaded to add the alternates that didn’t make it into the default arrow options the title got messed up somehow from “Vin arrow bases” to just “Vin”. I’m not sure what went wrong. It is easier to find at Gaj’s site as the proper title was maintained when re-uploading there. I suppose to make sure the title is fixed in the repository I shall have to delete it all together, and re-upload once again.

Enjoy!

• 9 years later...
8 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Hello,

Many thanks Vin for your smart MOD.

I downloaded here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-other/vins-arrow-unit-bases/

Sorry I'm a new player, I read the READ ME file but have not understood how to install the MOD.

It seems that the method is not the "Z folder"?

the mod is a bmp files you dont have normaly to have a problem Vin, give you more possibilities to install one, so you have to make a choice,

take a view of the Vin arrow base mod.jpg to see what you will have.

Hope this will help ! !? 

• 3 weeks later...

@Vinnart Mate, I've used your unit base mod for a week now and I cannot imagine returning to the BFC's default. So once again thanks and congrats! 👍

On a side note, what is the comics your avatar comes from? I like the graphic style.

Edited by Simicro

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 12:09 PM, Simicro said:

@Vinnart Mate, I've used your unit base mod for a week now and I cannot imagine returning to the BFC's default. So once again thanks and congrats! 👍

On a side note, what is the comics your avatar comes from? I like the graphic style.

Glad it improves the graphics function for you guys!

My avatar is from the Sgt Rock comics drawn by artist Joe Kubert who was an inspiration to me as a boy to want to become an artist.