Fallschirmjager...WIP

Thanks Jaeger and Erwin, I sometimes can't tell if my uniforms are really any good or not. I like 'em, of course, but you never know about other people. A good share of these were done several months ago, simply for my own benefit. (I have more than a hundred other modded German uniforms, not counting helmets, but alot of those are based off of other people's earlier CMBN mods.) I was encouraged to upload them by others, so then I had to do a lot more work to get them up to snuff, so to speak.

However, finishing these set my Goumier uniforms back a bit, as well as a Russian mod I have been working on for my own consumption--no one would approve of the TO & E shortcuts and all the stuff that would be missing in such a mod. (I'm using Italians for Russian infantry, with Italian armor, plus probably the Lynx and Stuarts. A few red stars, brown uniforms...voila! I want to try a human wave-type defense on a GL map, just to get an EF fix.:D)

Btw, being mentioned in the same context as Vein made my day! He's a Mod God!

All done tweaking and tried again last night to upload on both CMMODS and the Repository. No go for either. I know that I can upload at CMODS on another 'puter--I still don't know why I can't on mine, I used to be able to do so--but the only one available today is my work computer, and I'm leary about using that one, plus I'm off today anyway. I have another possibility I'll be checking out later today. So it will be up at CMODS tonight, anyway. I'll keep trying the Rep today.

Edit: I suspect in regard to the Repository, my zip file is just too big. It's 143MB, and looking through other mods, the largest I saw was about 97MB.

Anyone know the upload limit? I don't see anything on the BFC website about that.

OKAY, I had to upload it in three parts, so the chance of me effing it up (and the extra hassle to download) has increased exponentially :D, but they all went through, so now it's just a matter of waiting for them to pass BFC inspection.

I found the upload max notice...it's 75MB, give or take.

Did someone give this thread 1star? tut tut tut

Meh, can't please everyone.

By the way, I missed giving credit Jorge MC for his helmet mod. His mod inspired me to do a few different helmet bands, and upon closer inspection, I have at least one of his in this mod. He graciously let me use it. Gotta love this modding community! Thanks Jorge!

His mod is here: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4887/details

So, had a look at the folders after I installed and I have a question. To me it looks like if you have all the folders it will really only pick uniforms from one of them. Each folder has files with the same names.

For example the 1940 folder has this plus up to 8

smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 2.bmp

and the 1944 folder has the same also up to version 8

smod_german_lw_para-tropical_soldier_uniform 2.bmp

So, doesn't that mean the only the 1944 folder contents will actually show up in the game?