Fallschirmjager...WIP

• 2 weeks later...

This took a week longer than expected because of trying to track down a rogue/ghost bmp that kept showing up in-game. Here is the read me.

Fallschirmjaeger Uniform Mod

The Fallschirmjaeger jump smocks evolved over time from the original plain feldgrau color to marsh patterns and splinter patterns, with a lot of local and individual modifications. The color or tint of the camo patterns used by Fallschirmjaegers varied from tans to greens.

The basic BFC FJ uniforms are really nice, and frankly don’t need to be modded. But I like variety in uniforms, so had to give it a try.

This Mod has 5 folders loosely covering different periods of the war, but mostly to group the uniforms roughly according to color.

“1940” contains uniforms for Holland through Crete, with the basic feldgrau jump smock predominant but with varied hues.

“1941” uniforms have some early war plain smocks, with tan/brown camo jumpsmocks, for Crete, primarily.

“1942” for Desert-Sicily, with a mix of tan/brown and lighter green or grey/green camo smocks. (The Luftwaffe never officially issued a “desert” smock, although one was planned for the aborted assault on Malta in 1942—Operation Hercules. Some Jaegers wore the standard Luftwaffe desert uniform, but some also modified their smocks with tan-colored material.)

“1943” for Sicily-Italy-France, primarily a mix of the lighter grey/tan and lighter greens.

“1944” NW Europe and Italy.

Additional Content:

Each folder contains FJ helmets, boots,and gear.

TO USE:

Unzip the file and choose which folder you want to use, and drop it into your “z” folder.

If you have any other FJ uniform mods (I don’t think there are any at this time), or FJ helmet mods, you should remove them. On the other hand, I have prefixed the names of these folders with “zzzzz” so these mods should override any other ones that you might have.

Cheers!

mjkerner

I'll be uploading at GaJ's CMMODS and the Repository.

02662157-de83-48b9-8a48-4b44949a486a.jpg

06d4ded2-8183-4f97-9064-9e6fc8cb97e6.jpg

fb5fc0e9-8239-4001-be51-a43cdab82342.jpg

CMFortressItaly2013-06-2919-40-46-33.png

Sorry, I can't upload to CMMODS, atm.

Martin/GaJ, if you see this, there is no "box" to link to my mod zip file. I can link to a picture file, but there isn't anything after this: "... and select the mod zip file:"

Any suggestions?

I got the same problem, and finaly I upload my buildings mod into several parts to the repository, no answer from GAJ via chat, perhaps to busy with CMFI GL AAR! Lol!

I'm in contact with GaJ, but still no luck. Having trouble with the Repository too.

But that actually is a good thing, since in going over the mods and comparing them to the defaults one last time, I realized that the BFC uniforms don't have any marsh pattern camo, and my mod has a few. That means they could only have come from nik mond's super "GL Tan and Marsh Pattern" FJ uniform mod in the Repository here, http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2675, and I want to get his permission before I use them.

@nik, if you are reading this, let me know if it is OK to use your mods as a base for some of my uniforms. You'll get full credit, and I'll change the readme to reflect that!

Cheers!

mjk

Thanks Erwin, it means a lot because I wasted about 20 hours just searching down the ghost files of some half-finished uniforms that kept popping up in the game, even though they did not actually exist, so to speak. Somehow those files were corrupted and became "associated" with the actual folders I kept the mods in while I worked on them. There were no psp.image bmps (the files that the paint program uses), or bmps, or anything in those folders but the files of the uniform bmp images. I looked in every single folder in the CMGL data files--v1.10, 1.10A, 1.10B and 1.10C, to find the buggers, then finally uninstalled the whole (backed-up) game, including the folders and files that are left afterwards, rebooted...and they still kept showing up! Then I took all modded 50 bmps, and one-by-one put them in the z folder and fired up the game...no luck, so turned game off, put a new file in, started it up again, and again, and again.... Still no joy.:mad:

Since the errant files didn't turn out to be in any of the modded bmps, and since I put the bmp directly into the z folder intead of putting the whole mod folder in, I got the bright idea (after about 35 times) to put the mods in a brand new with a new folder name and zap the old one into eternity. It worked!

Why/how a bmp file can be "in" a folder and be invisible is beyond me. (And I did check each folder for every type of file extension--still, nada.) That has never happened before when I've used the same folder for uploading.

I only mention all this so that you can see how modders bleed for the community. :D: (...and Jesus wept!)

Btw, I just finished Fustian Battle #2 with them. It appears that there are 2 AI plans for the British, so go for it...whenever I figure out the upload problem.:)

mjk: I am sure that I am not the only person here who appreciates how hard it is to develop good mods (or good scenarios and campaigns for that matter). I do try to be vocal in my sincere appreciation for the enormous time you spend and the work that you and the others do to improve the quality of the CM2 series. (It amazes me that some folks react negatively to that expression.)

Oh yeah, you need to in order to upload at both places. It apparently has something to do with my Adobe Flash...it's not reading it. I have had no trouble in the past uploading mods at CMMODS, and I have the latest version of Flash, so who knows. I can use my son's comp to upload, but probably won't be able the finish off a few little things before they are ready until Thursday.

Oh yeah, you need to in order to upload at both places. It apparently has something to do with my Adobe Flash...it's not reading it. I have had no trouble in the past uploading mods at CMMODS, and I have the latest version of Flash, so who knows. I can use my son's comp to upload, but probably won't be able the finish off a few little things before they are ready until Thursday.

I had the same trouble at cmmods with the same message about Adobe Flash, I have the latest version installed, I recreate a new count & I got the same issue!