Global Conflict 1.07 & GC Gold - - Difference

I have a brief question, I first purchased the Global Conflict and patched the game to 1.07. I also purchased the Global Conflict Gold Version and Assault on Communism.

I guess I have two questions:

1. Do players who have both games on the computer eventually delete the regular version of Global Conflict? And if not, what is the big or little difference between the two games.

I am not sure if I should keep the original on the drive,

2. Does anyone play the original version 1.07 if they have the Gold version?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So, I installed GOLD and patched it to 1.04 before patching GLOBAL CONFLICT to 1.07. Now GLOBAL CONFLICT 1.07 won't load, but does that matter? Is everything on 1.07 now on GOLD?

Does it matter that I installed and patched GOLD before patching the base game to 1.07?

Yes, they are in different folders.

Two other questions:

1. I should be using GOLD, right, if I have both games (GLOBAL CONFLICT and GLOBAL CONFLICT GOLD).

2. One strange thing is that when I start a game and go to SCRIPTS/EVENTS LIST, there are several double entries on the list. For example, "Canadian Convoy to the UK Government in Australia" appears twice. So do several other entries. Is that a problem?

Hi Lefty,

1. I think you would be just fine playing GOLD as it does include the many enhancements over Global.

2. This is fine, there are several events with the same name that actually perform alternative functions, i.e. they just have the same name.

Hope this helps,

Hubert