Big Tournament

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Tournament News:

Isnogud vs. GaryK > just approaching turns 100 on both mirror games. Advantages for Isnogud but no clear situation at the moment

Steel32 vs. Catacol Highlander > Currently in 1942 and should be finished in February. Advantages for Steel32

Fritz vs. Teamgene > Only on turn 49 in a single match. If I remember right advantages for Fritz but not sure.

Yes, you are Axis or Allies and therefor you play two matches. That's all.

Aha, thanks for the answer! Just got confused by some being colour coded red/green (I assume for each player playing once as axis and once as allies) and some olive green/tan. I guess that means the players play the same faction twice?

Awesome job with the tournament, nice to see so many participating!

• 3 weeks later...

Tournament News:

Here are the Rules for the Big Final in our

fe12df56dde123381397c0a75478fa69.png

Tournament:

1) Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict Assault on Democracy, Patch v1.03, is required, please update!

2) “1939 World At War” is the Default Campaign to play. Every player has to play 2 matches against the other participants of the Big Final. Please watch the Draw!

3) “Playing time” Every match has to be finished in 150 turns.

4) “Playing speed” At least 1 turn a day has to be played in 150 days averaging!

5) “Victory conditions”: To harmonize the Victory Conditions we change the conditions in the Big Final to the Ladder conditions because we earn 1 and 2 point victory results:

Axis 2 point win: hold the 4 capitals of Berlin, Rome, Tokyo and Seoul PLUS 1 of Paris, Moscow, Delhi, Canberra, Manila, London, Washington or Chungking

Axis 1 point win: hold 1 of Berlin, Rome, Tokyo and Seoul PLUS 1 of Paris, Moscow, Delhi, Canberra, Manila, London, Washington or Chungking

Allied 1 point win: hold Washington, London, Paris, Moscow, Delhi, Canberra, Manila and Chungking

Allied 2 point win: hold the 4 capitals of Berlin, Rome, Tokyo and Seoul

6) “Big Final”: begins…(not clear yet)!

7) “Default settings” Options and Advanced settings are

game%20settings.png

Any changes to this options should be arranged before starting, such as Soft build limits, Retreats, Fog of War or something like that. Script changings are not allowed!!

8) “Fair Play Rule” Any issue or gaming that defies to fair playing could lead to exclusion of the tourney.

Once a year pics is a nice idea and would form a nice corpus for study by aspiring SC players as they reflect on the comparative moves of the masters! If senstive the pics could be sent say after 6 more months passed in game..or maybe a year later for simplicity.

• 1 month later...

Tournament News:

Semi Final Fritz vs. Steelman32

We are in May of 42, still fairly close I think. Steelman as Axis has invaded Russia early with a lot of Panzers, and taken Egypt, his Japanese have taken the south of China, but just now attacking in the north. We had a pitched battle for Norway which he won, costing him time and MPP, but inflicting a defeat on the brits, and sinking a CV in the process. My Brits hold Sudan and Ethiopia.

My Axis are poised to invade Russia , and have taken Alexandria, but still fighting in Egypt (I delayed to keep US/USSR activation low). But my Italians have taken the Sudan. My Axis are fighting a little in Norway, but nothing like the other game. He just holds one town with a corps (my brits landed an entire invasion force, which was lost after heavy fighting). My Germans are a bit weaker because they spent diplo MPP on Spain, who has entered on their side, so the Med will be mine once I take Gibraltar.

So, still close. Not sure who holds the edge…we’ve been a bit slow but are picking up…

• 1 month later...

Tournament News:

Semi Final Fritz vs. Steelman32

Steelman is kicking my $%$#... If your other games are finished, I am happy to surrender. It is the summer of 42 and my Russians are getting crushed, he has taken Stalingrad and Moscow and I am on the run. In my Axis game my Germans are still driving on Moscow, and have suffered a humiliating winter counterattack losing the entire Romanian army and supporting units. So I think it is safe to say he will win..I think my Axis have an MPP advantage, but I do not think it will be enough to turn things around quickly, and when/if I do, it will take far longer to win. His Axis should definitely win. The only place I am doing better is with China, but that is a minor theatre, and he has finally broken through the mountains so it is only a matter of time now…

So, congrat to Steelman who entering the Final now.

Tournament News:

Tourny%202014-02-01.png

Here are the Rules for the Big Final in our

fe12df56dde123381397c0a75478fa69.png

Tournament:

1) Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict Assault on Democracy, Patch v1.03 + Hotfix, is required, please update!

2) “1939 World At War” is the Default Campaign to play. Every player has to play 2 matches against the other participants of the Big Final. Please watch the Draw!

3) “Playing time” Every match has to be finished in 150 turns.

4) “Playing speed” At least 1 turn a day has to be played in 150 days averaging!

5) “Victory conditions”: To harmonize the Victory Conditions we change the conditions in the Big Final to the Ladder conditions because we earn 1 and 2 point victory results:

Victory Conditions

Axis 2 point win: hold the 4 capitals of Berlin, Rome, Tokyo and Seoul

Axis 1 point win: hold 1 of Berlin, Rome, Tokyo, Seoul PLUS 1 of London, Paris, Moscow, Delhi, Canberra or Chungking

Allied 1 point win: hold London, Paris, Moscow, Delhi, Canberra, Seoul and Chungking

Allied 2 point win: hold the 4 capitals of Berlin, Rome, Tokyo and Seoul

6) Naval Loops should be turned off in this games now. Start the game as normal as axis, but on the options screen click ADVANCED and then click SCRIPTS. Select LOOP from the left menu and move to the bottom of the second page of loops. The bottom 14 loops should all be left clicked ON, but from the loop marked (USSR) USA to Australia all the way to the top of page 1 loops should be clicked off.

7) “Big Final”: begins now (2014-05-20)!

8) “Default settings” Options and Advanced settings are

game%20settings.png

Any changes to this options should be arranged before starting, such as Soft build limits, Retreats, Fog of War or something like that. Script changings are not allowed except the changes in point 6)!!

9) “Fair Play Rule” Any issue or gaming that defies to fair playing could lead to exclusion of the tourney.

• 2 months later...

Tournament News:

Tourny%202014-08-01.png

Here is the Final result of the Big Tournament after more than 1 year of playing. When I remember right battlefront give us a $50 coupon for the Tournament Winner! I will report this result and the winner, ISNOGUD, to battlefront and Hubert Cater.

Thanks to all guys who made this event possible.

The pricemoney and the AAR price (gift card from panzerliga) goes to Isnogud.

CONGRATULATIONS

• 2 weeks later...