Vein's CW troops [RELEASE]

Vein

I have uploaded my CMBN CW troops over at greenasjade.

It's a hefty 207mb zip file containing:

British inf/para/skins

Canadian inf/para/skins

Polish inf/para/skins

CW gear

CW helmets mix / CW helmets all scrim.

Here's a pretty crap picture of some of them (too much vino tinto to be bothered to take better pics :o):

7trx.jpg

Not really. You could replace some of the files but it would be a mish mashy mess.

Luckily for you though I will be releasing a GL version soon containing:

British Inf/Tropical/Para/Tropical shorts

Canadian Inf/Tropical/Para/Tropical shorts

Polish Inf/Tropical/Para/Tropical shorts

New Zealand Inf/Tropical/Tropical shorts

Nearly done, just trying to check them all out. May be released tomorrow.

It's around 400mb. Ouch.

Thanks again for the job, but I need to know, how work CM 2.0 , there are bmp files for British, Polish & Canadian uniforms & Para units, and when I put your mod in Data "Z" folder, Canadian & Polish helmets appears with the British design!

I RezExploded your mod to choose what helmet I need for each country & renamed properly each bmp files without succes what I do wrong?

I thought the 2.0 version must to give us more choice with uniforms?

By the way I give you a sample, I trying to rename a bmp file "41st" (41st Armored Regiment camoed uniforms) as we can have with 101st & 82nd airbornes but it doens't work! I'm a bit disapointed about that, I don't know if it's already discussed before but I have no too much time to read each thread!

Cheers, Pat

As far as I could tell adding the [nation] suffix to the helmets didn't seem to work (but it does with boots). All helmets default to the British helmets (I had made Polish helmets but they wouldn't show up).

I don't think just adding whatever you like in the [*] works. I assume the scenario would need to specifically reference which uniform to use. But I am just guessing. I have no idea.

As far as I could tell adding the [nation] suffix to the helmets didn't seem to work (but it does with boots). All helmets default to the British helmets (I had made Polish helmets but they wouldn't show up).

I don't think just adding whatever you like in the [*] works. I assume the scenario would need to specifically reference which uniform to use. But I am just guessing. I have no idea.

Vein, thanks for the quick reply, I understand better now, may be, only mdr.files could be help us I guess (Mord if you read this thread your contribution is fully needed), I hope a patch comes with the next module!

The mdr file doesn't seem to point to specific skins anymore. They are all replaced by 'placeholder'. This means you can't hex mod the helmets etc in.

E.g. in v1 I modded all my CW para to have camo faces (separate from the inf) by hex modding the mdr files. This isn't possible now.