China questions

A message came up for China saying the Communists got 100 regiments for an offensive in China in early '40. 100 regiments????:eek: That is about 33 divisions or 11 corps or 3-4 armies. When does Japan get their 100 regiments to offset this lol?

Also, historically there were three HQs just in China, yet the game only has two in China. They had the North, Central, and South Chinese Area HQs. So I just wondered if this was an oversight or not.

garrison.png

Another question for China. This screen came up on turns 2 but War Readiness for Russia is already rising in turn 1 because my troops did not know about garrison these cities. In turn 2 I could not reach all positions. Result is a War Readiness for Russia in turn 3 about 30%. Is this a feature or a bug?

Small note: There is no city Aigun just Aihun

The 100 Regiments unit event is a representation of the historical Hundred Regiments Offensive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Regiments_Offensive

We simulate this by adding an Chinese Special Forces unit for the event.

For the HQs in China, the map should start with 4. Two in the North, one near Chengchow in the middle and the other near Ichang in the South.

Hubert

Why don't these cities start the game with a garrision? Manchuria had been owned by Japan long before '39 so it seems a little silly we have to manually move units around just to prevent Russia's readiness from increasing.

I do not know if AoD can 'freeze' units, but if it can, then all units in Manchuria should be frozen until Russia attacks Japan. This would simplify the whole garrision issue :)

I believe the popup only appears after you have vacated the positions but I can add another popup event to appear right at the start of the game and hopefully that does the trick.

Good catch on the Aigun spelling, it looks like the popup was created before we corrected the map names... I'll fix this as well.

Why don't these cities start the game with a garrision? Manchuria had been owned by Japan long before '39 so it seems a little silly we have to manually move units around just to prevent Russia's readiness from increasing.

I do not know if AoD can 'freeze' units, but if it can, then all units in Manchuria should be frozen until Russia attacks Japan. This would simplify the whole garrision issue :)

Just looking at the campaign now in the Editor and they do start with units on those cities.

I believe Amadeus simply moved them off before realizing that they need to be maintained and hopefully the additional popup will remedy the situation.

Hi Amadeus,

I just took a quick look at the scripts and the unit positions and everything seems to be the way it should be with the units covering the cities in question at the start of the game and the popup appearing at the beginning of the very first Axis turn.

I tested this in game and it worked as expected, was this perhaps just missed on your first turn?

Hubert

Yes Hubert,

it was my fault. Too many screens in the first turn. I missed the most important last screen and simply saw no need to garrison cities with good corps units and gave them a moving order in turn 1. The result was that 4 or 5 cities were empty. The War Readiness rises up. This could cost me the whole match cause I am playing in multiplayer against Clausewitz. He plays about the same skill as me.

Maybe you could do something for the future. If not, I won't do that again. Don't know how to remind the 7 cities that are critical.