Gaming or not Gaming that's the question!

So once again Battlefront goes on with his favorite game: playing with customers nerves. O.K. once again I'll send a ticket or will figure out a solution of my own ( like for Gold 2 years ago when licensing could not work and many of us had to do it offline with contradictory instructions).

Fine, the game was installed but wouldn't start because apparently I dont have the Base Game I've been playing for the past 2 years. Am I living some Twilight new episode? I own both games Gold and Global. I know I will somehow play this wonderful new add-on AOD someday so this post is not about some childish wargamer frustration it is about very basic marketing requirements.

You guys at Battlefront have no idea how many players avoid buying from you because of those problems. How many times I've tried to convince wargamers that SC serie is Great, really worth it? Guess what they say? No thank you! We wanna play wherever and whenever we want with no computer struggle. Have you ever made a survey about customer satisfaction or wargamers priorities when they buy a game? Time to do your homework, my friends.

Have to give battlefront support staff its due, they were quick to answer and offer solutions with trust and understanding. Now, I can play AoD. Great stuff that need a lot of tweeking though. Fury team and players's advice will see to that for the next patch. So thank you guys at the helpdesk and thank you Fury team for this other exciting add-on!

Still. I think Battlefront business model need its load of tweeking too. I've just read Huhr post and while I'm convinced Battlefront people are serious about giving the best games with the best support possible, they should adjust product offers according to the size and style of wargamers pool involved which are quite different from one game to another say ToW and SC. For instance, the new internet tech possibilities make server based gaming an option for smaller crowd like SC fans. I would pay right away a year or month subscription to such SC wargaming club. There are many options out there. Think about it but first of all, as I said before, inquire about the real profile of your wargamers for each specific game. Would be easy to do with a forum survey or E-mail to your customers. This is a Must for any company in almost any field.

Ok! Back to the fun part. Pushing those Japs corps around Foochow!

I LOVE the games, I Love the customer support, but I HATE this licensing. My joy at a new release is always tempered by dread at BFs' lousy system, and God help me if my computer takes a dump and I have to reinstall base games,add ons etc. I get a headache just thinking about it. I have yet to hear a customer say it is a good system.

I still buy, but Damn, there has got to be a better way.

Thanks

Without licensing there would be no SC2. People would just copy the game. In the 1980s there were Atari parties where gamers met and traded software and copied them.

Games were upto $70 due to this. If you inflate the price to 2013 it would be about $200 a game if not more.

Welcome gentlemen to your future, high tech pirating, fraudulent activity, scams, misrepresentations, it's all a part of this "I'm going to get mine" culture, I'm entitled and at someone elses expense.

Funny thing is, no one gets away with anything, cause we all pay in the end, the trickle down effect eventually filters to us all.

So next time you think about perpetrating a dishonest act, think a little further down the line, cause baby, it's coming back at you, one way or the other, hence this BF liscensing process.