Road to Montebourg Walkthrough Videos

Thank you very much for the comments, I'm glad to hear my work is appreciated.

I am still running the old-fashioned CMBN+CW v1.11 I haven't yet purchased the 2.0 Upgrade. I'll be buying that with the Market Garden Module next week (hopefully).

Part 10 is in the works, there has been a delay thanks to me recently buying Destiny to keep my Xbox Live buddies happy. I thought World of Tanks was good enough, but Xbox Live is like a kindergarten playground, and no I won't explain my analogy.

I'm probably going to start recording a campaign from CMSF, I figure I'll play the Canadians. Being a native Canadian myself I think it's fitting I kick some butt Canuck Hockey style.

That's all for now, Greetings!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem now. I just upgraded my CMBN with the MG+2.0 and 3.0 upgrades. I thought my save file would be okay, but when I loaded it, all of the soldier textures were messed up (all of my US airborne now have German uniforms and weird swirly helmet textures). Everything seems to be okay aside from the textures so my question is, if I finish playing through the current battle, will all of the textures go back to normal for the next one? Or is my save file no longer usable?

You can try the BF Helpdesk, found this :

Invisible soldiers (CMBN/Mac) and other strange issues or inconsistencies

It appears that many odd problems with the game (invisible soldiers, and other oddities and inconsistencies) stem from OS X permissions - if for some reason the game couldn't access some of the data files, you could end up with odd results like these. Please make sure the permissions inside the application are at least consistent:

Right-click on the CMBN application. Select "Show Package Contents".

In the window that pops up, right click on the Contents folder and select "Get Info".

In the Info window, click the lock in the lower right hand corner. Enter your password at the prompt. This should "open" the lock. (The permissions for Contents should look fairly normal.)

Click the gear button at the bottom of the Info window and select "Apply to enclosed items".

"Close" the lock. Close the Info window.

Try to run CMBN.

I´m not sure it would solve your problem still.

• 2 weeks later...

Les Licornets - Part 1 - "A New Plan?"

I have finished recording all of the gameplay from "Les Licornets". The total length of video is over 3 hours, so either I will end up cutting some out, or posting all of it in a series of bite size chunks.

Les Licornets is by far the toughest battle I have fought yet. The total casualties came in higher than the "Hamburger Hameau". The only consolation I can take away is that I inflicted many more casualties than I received.

A quick note on this segment: I really need to re-think my approach to using artillery. I tend to either use not enough, or too much. I acknowledge in the video that my artillery plan is crap, the trouble is I didn't realize it until after I hit go.

This segment is mostly movement, so it might be a bit boring. Part 2 should pick up the action.

Any questions, or comments feel free to post them, I live for criticism.

Buffpuff;1561415']Very entertaining videos. Thanks for posting. Quick question though: Are you using a sound mod? Maybe my ears are acting quirky today but it just sounded "different" to me.

There is nothing wrong with your ears. The sound mod you are hearing is my own personal sound mod. Day of Defeat Sound Mod. I'm trying to upload an updated mod with the latest working sounds, but the repository won't seem to accept my updated file. I might have to delete the mod and repost the whole thing.

Les Licornets Part 2

This segment contains the advance to the next bocage line, and contact with the first real German forces.

This was my first experience with some new soldier behavior from the game engine updates. The new machinegun rates of fire came as a surprise, and I had to take steps to conserve ammunition almost immediately. This segment also has my first casualty, resulting from a dumb mistake on my part.

There is nothing wrong with your ears. The sound mod you are hearing is my own personal sound mod. Day of Defeat Sound Mod. I'm trying to upload an updated mod with the latest working sounds, but the repository won't seem to accept my updated file. I might have to delete the mod and repost the whole thing.

Day of Defeat. Now I know why it sounded so familiar!!! Might just have to reinstall that off of Steam just to relive some good times!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Part 14 has now been posted. With the end of this part, we have now finished the Les Licornets battle. I am truly glad of that because Les Licornets has caused more pain and anguish than one would think just by looking at the map.

While the map looked like a bunch of wide open fields, most of them had no LOS from one end to the other. The only real workable tactic one could use was to fling men across the field and hope they stick.

I have a phobia about being caught under an artillery barrage, which leads me to keep pressing forward as fast as possible. That way, if the enemy does call indirect fire, I will already be in front of the area they called it in.

The fact the Germans were able to land a small barrage on some of my men shocked me into the realization of exactly how much time I had wasted dealing with a single gun. That realization pushed me to attack faster, with the risk of higher casualties. In the end it worked, the map was clear, and all enemy forces destroyed.

There is still a hollow space in me that knows that just a few moments of indecision has cost pixeltruppen's lives.

I have resolved to crush any future obstacles beneath my boots.

Onward to the next battle!

There will be many more Hedgerows before this campaign is done.

• 3 months later...

Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

After much delay, and taking some time out to play other games, The Road To Montebourg is back!

http://youtu.be/WvCh4jGIRtk

Here is the planning phase for our next battle: The Labyrinth

Do not let the simple hedgerow fields fool you! I assure you all this map is a fiendish den of obtuse angles and reverse slopes!

Watch as my superior intellect tries, and utterly fails, to think up a clever plan to tackle this jigsaw puzzle of a map!

All I can foresee is my victorious pixeltruppen dissolving into violent explosions!

Come with me on this journey! It is your destiny!

• 2 weeks later...

http://youtu.be/tNokWF09vGc

Here is part 16. I figured out how to embed videos, but watch it on YouTube for full screen HD.

This one is a bit short, but I wanted to knock out the opening moves, and try to do something more cinematic when the real action starts. We'll see how it goes.

I'm also trying to find some copyright free music to add to videos. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks for watching!

Edited by SLIM