Road to Montebourg Walkthrough Videos

... and a shameless YouTube plug. :D

The Road to Montebourg:

Part 1 GETOFFTHEBEACH!

Part 2 Just Call It "Echoville"

Subscribe to my channel, or my pixeltruppen will have died for nothing!

About a year ago, I had thought about making some simple walkthrough videos for CMBN. Now, a year later, I've finally gotten started!

Now you too can enjoy my mediocre machinimatography, and my love for big, neon green placards!

Maybe I should have videoed it in black and white, removed the sound, inserted some period music, and made a silent movie?

Oh well, it's too late now!

Also you can pick up my sound mod, the one featured in the video, at the repository where many fine mods are found.

More information is here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=109061

Have a scientastic day!

What skill level are you playing?

Also...in the first beach battle you ran Bright and his team through a "Suspected Minefield".

Edit...more feedback.

I am guessing in "Echoville" you used the move command for the sake of film making as it has no real use in the game. You should never really use it. Quick or hunt is a much better choice.

Otherwise very entertaining videos.

I'm playing on Warrior.

Also...in the first beach battle you ran Bright and his team through a "Suspected Minefield".

No, I stopped them short of the "Suspected Minefield" where they come to a stop at the dirt road, then I used [sLOW] to cross the minefield, then [QUICK] from the edge of the field into the trenches.

I am guessing in "Echoville" you used the move command for the sake of film making as it has no real use in the game. You should never really use it. Quick or hunt is a much better choice.

Actually no, I use [MOVE] anytime I am not immediately expecting enemy action, and if time is not a factor. [QUICK] and [HUNT] both cause your men to get tired at a more rapid pace than [MOVE].

It's a matter of personal preference I guess, I prefer to let my troops move more slowly, rather than moving quickly, and then standing still for a while. When you use the [MOVE] command your men are always moving, they are never sitting still quite long enough to get easily caught by enemy arty.

Of course, if you need your men to hurry up or be more cautious, you can just swap the waypoint for a different movement type.

Why thank you! I'm glad to know I'm not wasting my time, or yours!

No, it's the original campaign that came with the game, not the modified one on the repository.

Try the redux... makes this mission all sorts of hard. :D

Good to see another YouTuber. Don't want to hijack your thread but search for Big Red Button Warfare. Be good to share video editing secrets.

Keep up the good work.

Edit...more feedback.

Well I use move a lot also. Hunt is for when you are expecting contact as it is considerably more tiring. Move is useful for long moves out of contact as it has no effect on fatigue.

• 1 year later...

The Road to Montebourg is back, with

I will NOT be finishing "Echoville" because I had to start again from a new save file, and if you had done everything up to 'Waiting for Artillery' correctly the attack on the town lasted less than 5 minutes.

Basically things were over so fast it would have made a crappy video. However, there will be a two part video with the attack on Le Grand Hameau, and then we will be moving on from there.

Greetings!

• 2 weeks later...

It is really good to have more video AAR producers. Well-produced video AAR's have been the single best CMBN instructor for me.

Ithikial, I particularly like how you take the time to show and discuss your plotting of orders. Watching your AAR's is not just about a good show, though it is that. It is like looking over the shoulder of someone playing out a scenario. I have learned more from your videos than any others. It helps a lot that you come across like a chap I'd enjoy spending an evening with chatting about various things.

I also appreciate that other have different approaches to video AAR's. Like you, SLIM, I've just moved to a new computer, and I'll have to start watching your videos.

The more the merrier, guys!

Part 6 - "Not ANOTHER Hameau!" <- Will be available after uploading and processing.

My Saturday got chopped in half, so this video is shorter than usual.

Thank you for the comments, the one thing video makers want to hear is that someone is getting some value out of the work, that's what motivates me to keep going. I had thought about doing live commentary on my videos, in the manner of Ithikial, however my voice sounds especially strange when heard through a computer system. I figured I would spare sensitive ears, and provide captions that can be read, or ignored, easily.

I'm definitely feeling the pressure now that I have entered hedgerow country. The casualties are climbing steadily, and I don't see that changing for the rest of the campaign. Having some tanks around makes a huge difference, they tend to inspire confidence merely by their presence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to make a commentary video showing the tactical plan I came up with for Les Licornets. Please let me know if the voice quality is grating, I will attempt to fix errors in recording quality but if there are no positive results, I will give up attempting to commentate. I can't believe I just used that word off the top of my head! It's amazing how the vocabulary manifests itself from time to time! Oh it really is 1am and I need to sleep!

My internet was shut down for three weeks, apparently bills are supposed to be paid within two months of their arrival in the mailbox. Personally I think bills are a waste of time, but life without the internet these days, even for a techno-cynic like me, is like living in an old black and white movie. Wow, I just made up that term "techno-cynic" but on a whim I typed it into Google and found a fascinating paper on schools of thought pertaining to the use of the internet as an educational resource! I really need to go to bed now!

The video is here.

Chris,

Just watch your above video. added 9-25-14 Les Licornets Plan set up. very good.

Good tips there on set up.

May I ask what version are you using? I have a version CMBN-CW-MG ver 2.12 and one with the upgrade patch 3.0 Ver 2.20

Thanks for the video Please make a Part 10.

Regards

Lane