Vein's CW troops [WIP]

Vein

I have a 7850 2gb card (I believe). The in-game settings are full everything except models which are 'improved' as I really can't tell what 'better' and 'best' improve.

I am also running CMBN version 2 which adds some nice lighting. If anyone hasn't got it it's worth every penny to upgrade.

These skins will work with version 1 but as much of the folds are created on the normal map the skins will appear a lot flatter than in these shots.

They are the Duke of Cornwall Light Infantry (thanks to Darknight_Canuck for letting me know the amount of AOS bars for the unit).

Vein,

These look great, especially those wearing the leather jerkin. One thing I noticed is that the shots of helmets (Mark III turtle helmets?) with the chinstrap tucked over the front look a bit odd as the chinstraps are also shown tucked under the soldiers chins. I think the latter are hard coded so there is not much you can do about it.

Either way I look forward to the mod when you have finished it.

Cheers

So you didn't tweak the video card settings, only the in-game settings?

I have all the in-game settings set to "Best" but am constantly fiddling with my NVidia card settings to try and get the best "look". However, that seems to change depending on time of day etc.

But, my inf and terrain still don't look as at good as yours. But, hopefully, it's your wonderful modding skills.

Here are a few screenshots untouched by jiggery-pokery, oojamaflippery, doohickery-dickery-dockery, or any other Camberwick Green, Chigley or Trumpton handed aesthetic molestation.

So just some screenshots then.

24265454.jpg

22664703.jpg

22487794.jpg

35906576.jpg

Loving these, is it possible to do a Pew, Pew, Barney Magrue Mod, not forgetting Cuthbert and his mates?

For the CMBN version:

British Inf and Airborne done

Canadian Inf and Airborne done

For CMFI version:

British Inf and Airborne done

British Tropical Inf done

British Tropical shorts done

British Greatcoats done

Canadian Inf and Airborne done

Canadian Tropical Inf done

Canadian Tropical Shorts done

HOWEVER... there seems to be a bug when using multiple skins for the British Infantry for both CMBN and CMFI: British troops show up mixed in with the Canadians and Polish. This is likely down to the fact that the British uniforms don't have a suffix on the bmp names, unlike the [Canadians] and [Polish] bmps as you don't get the same problem when using multiple Canadian or Polish skins.

I'm hoping a next patch may sort it out in which case I'll release the two complete mods. If not I MAY release just the Canadians and (when done) the Polish seperately.

Many thanks Alex! :D

Making sure that each CW nation has the same amount of skins each has sorted it.

Are you saying that if you make three British skin variants and four Canadian variants you end up seeing the three British plus the fourth Canadian version in game on British soldiers?

Sounds like a bug to me. Perhaps not to serious, but it certainly does not seem like intended behaviour.

What it seems to do is:

if you have 7 British skins but only 4 Canadian skins, British skins 5, 6, and 7 appear alongside the 4 Canadian (or Polish) skins on Canadian/Polish soldiers.

As long as there are say 7 skins each all is hunky dorey.

Oh, interesting. Sounds like the number of uniform variants is established by the number of British uniforms and then the Canadian and Polish are overrides for the particular numbered British uniform. As opposed to each of the three nationalities having their own list of uniforms.

So that means if someone does a British only uniform mod that creates more varieties of skins this issue will be triggered.

Good to know - only use Vein's mods 'cause he has this all worked out.