Vehicle Pack Suggestions.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weapon2010,

That has to be one of the most understated (Vermouth dry), yet pointed, rejoinders ever! Also, in a weird bit of synchronicity, I was recently on the site whence cameth the Ratte, where Google led me to a sketch and discussion of another insane German notion, an 80cm Gustav armed tracked AFV! that's over on the interleaved wheel discussion.

I, too, like the sWS and remember it well from my ROCO MiniTank days. 37mm AA, Flakvierling, and one could've made the Panzerwerfer 42, as well. But brother George built a Bison instead. It took me a bit to realize the sWS wasn't really the original standard German armored halftrack.

Zebulon Pleasure Beast II,

I never thought a 54cm Karl would be a toned down request, but given your opening gambit, it most certainly is! Would love to see the RSO and always liked that PaK 40 armed version. That's the only decent pic I've seen of the Panzerschreck transport cart, so thanks for that.

Regards,

John Kettler

Elmar is getting his Crusader AA tank in Market-Garden so I want the Flak Pz 38 in the Battlepack. Sorry no picture but I know they operated in Normandy. Wouldn't the E-50 and E-75 be more appropriate for a Bulge Family Battlepack? The way I see it the Bulge Family will be basegame, Commonwealth Module and then a module taking us to the end of the war with Pershings and other late war vehicles. A Battlepack there would have prototypes that never made it to the fight.

Speaking of AA vehicles, we don't know what German AA vehicles Market-Garden will have, but Gustav line had the sdkfz 7/1 and 7/2 and I was wondering why not the 10/4 (unless there never were any in Italy)? I'd rather be in a 10/4 then the 7s if I were near the front line.

Since we are back on a serious track. The one I really want to play with is the Kangaroo

To a degree these are already in, with the inclusion of turretless Stuarts in CMFI. ISTR that these turretless Stuarts were actually called Kangaroos?

To a degree these are already in, with the inclusion of turretless Stuarts in CMFI. ISTR that these turretless Stuarts were actually called Kangaroos?

There are different versions ranging from Stuarts to Shermans and m7 priests. Also IIRC the stuart recce command version was nicknamed the Kangaroo.

I'd like to see the following,

American M6 heavy tank, pressed into limited service with a small number serving in Normandy situation. Maybe a 90mm gun armed version due to Tigers & Panther tanks then in service

Canadian Ram Mk. II same situation as above. (would work for a CMFI pack as well)

M3 Lee/Grant still being used in Normandy as a stop gap measure situation until more Sherman's arrived. (would work for a CMFI pack as well)

Bishop SPG, stop gap used due to a lack of Priest's and Sexton's. (would work for a CMFI pack as well)

M18 Hellcat, 90mm Gun armed version

Those are a few that cross my mind:D

Cats, you're second photo is my Flak Pz 38 I believe. Thanks!

Just having some sdkfz 7's around would be good even if the coding to tow 88's and other heavy guns isn't done.

I'd also like to see some captured French Vehicles for the German's such as R and H-35's even though there is some debate if they actually saw combat in Normandy.

For the allies, in another thread, I mentioned getting the 3/4 ton "Beep" weapons carrier would be fun. Steve also ever so slightly hinted at amphibious vehicles which might mean "seeps" and Schwimmwagens though using them in a tactical assault seems suicidal and I'd rather just have assault boats so we could recreate the 82nd's crossing of the Waal.

Canadian Ram Mk. II same situation as above. (would work for a CMFI pack as well)

There were RAMs in Italy?

M3 Lee/Grant still being used in Normandy as a stop gap measure situation until more Sherman's arrived. (would work for a CMFI pack as well)

There were M3s in Normandy?

Bishop SPG, stop gap used due to a lack of Priest's and Sexton's. (would work for a CMFI pack as well)

There were Bishops in Normandy?

There were M3s in Normandy?

Oddly enough there could have been, in the form of the CDL incarnation. The 1st. Tank Brigade was earmarked for deployment in NW Europe but didn't see any action in Normandy. They were used in small numbers for the Rhine and Elbe rivers according to Chamberlain & Ellis.

They also mention an American version, the T10 Shop Tractor, of which 355 examples were produced. No idea what happened to them aside from a mention in Wiki that some trained in Arizona.

Michael

Oddly enough there could have been, in the form of the CDL incarnation. The 1st. Tank Brigade was earmarked for deployment in NW Europe but didn't see any action in Normandy. They were used in small numbers for the Rhine and Elbe rivers according to Chamberlain & Ellis.

They also mention an American version, the T10 Shop Tractor, of which 355 examples were produced. No idea what happened to them aside from a mention in Wiki that some trained in Arizona.

Both are thoroughly irrelevant to CM.

The British Tetrarch Airbourne tank is a possibility. About 20 were landed by glider with the 6th Airbourne.

We also need not limit ourselves to vehicles. I doubt we'll see US Rangers and British Commandos with the Market-Garden Module. They could be added with a Battlepack. Throwing in the Free French is also a good possibility.