Scenario organiser does not work with GL

Hi,

FWIW, I've just uploaded a pack of all the campaign maps to the Repository. It should be up later today or early tomorrow.

Wow... WOW... I was about to do a polite rant/begging letter asking for just that... ;).

The Campaign maps are a “huge....” resource. Cannot believe my luck!!

That ND is a mind reader.... :).

Thanks,

All the best,

Kip.

PS. Yes... I too has noticed the organiser does not work anymore.. as it was the maps I was after... from my selfish point of view... problem sloved.. !

I tried unpacking the campaign scenarios that come with GL with the CMBN Scenario organiser. It had worked with CMFI. It does not seem to find the new GL campaigns.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks for making me aware, I am in the process of updating the tool to handle both CMBN+CW and CMFI+GL.

With CMFI v1.10 (the latest version of the CMx2 engine), the layout of btt and cam files has been slightly changed, which means an update of the tool was mandatory.

I'm trying to put in some other bugfixes and handling of exceptions to make the tool more stable. Also, the output will change from HTML files to XML files with XSL stylesheets for viewing in a browser.

It will probably still take a couple of days since I'm only doing this in my free time, which is usually not plenty.

Mad Mike, hi,

Firstly thanks for all the work... it is a stunningly clever and useful tool.

ND kindly released the campaigns as maps... but being able to break down into individual scenarios is hugely useful.

Am extremely grateful :).

All the best,

Kip.

Hi Kip,

thanks for the encouraging reply, it is appreciated.

I've worked out all the changes which came with the release of GL (I hope ;)) and I guess I will be able to release a version within the next week. Probably better to release early and have you guys test it "in the field". I've done all my testing now and would just like to add some minor error log file functionality, so that anybody using this could give a better report if something goes wrong.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Kip,

thanks for the encouraging reply, it is appreciated.

I've worked out all the changes which came with the release of GL (I hope ;)) and I guess I will be able to release a version within the next week. Probably better to release early and have you guys test it "in the field". I've done all my testing now and would just like to add some minor error log file functionality, so that anybody using this could give a better report if something goes wrong.

Cheers,

Mike

He's probably too busy being the King of the Hill over at The Few Good Men site. :D

Oh, Great King Michael the Lofty, can you bestow upon us lesser beings whose ass you did kick mightily and completely in Knightly competition verily and anon, a wonderous means by which your humble subjects may enjoy the fruits of BFC's labors and yet avoid the drudgery of actually exerting the multitudinous toil, trouble and woe known to accompany those who struggle in forlorn hope of winning through a vast and very dangerous military campaign.

God speed, Your Majesty!

Your Humble Servant, mjk.

(Bowing, scraping, throwing alms...)

...and make it right snappy, Kingy!

• 4 weeks later...
Mad Mike, hi,

Great, am very grateful :).

I have been looking forward to this. I have been pondering whether to post just to encourage you that there is demand for your work. But thought it would look like nagging so held back ;).

Very, I mean very cunning stuff,

Thanks again,

Kip.

Kip,

thanks for the encouragement earlier on, it indeed helped.

Hope you like the final product.

Cheers,

Mike

Hiya Mad Mike thanks for the tool it works a treat. Still fumbling with scenario editor atm but I can finally rid the scenario time limit!

I've been meaning to ask, how hard it is to make it compatible with CMSF... tried the TF thunder campaign on both versions but only generated a 300mb campaign pic... I remember reading a few threads asking for the thunder campaign as separate scenarios, plus the camps that come with Marine/Brit/Nato there should be tons of use for it. For me I've always wanted to unpack the camp, make my own edits i.e. time limits, pack it back and play it as a new camp to have the immersion of experience growth, morale, attrition etc instead of single scenarios. And as a new comer to the CM series I find the modern warfare setting quite attractive... it'd be really great if you can give CMSF a chance.

I've no idea how difficult it is to do tho, it is quite decent of you to include the source in the download, but having quite a hard time understanding it, seems to be a combination of java coding and understanding the hex file header positions, but the only java experience I had was modding Il2 a while ago...