Gustav Kiwi Soldiers scenario: i need help

• 2 weeks later...

My solution (on the 3rd try, I believe).  Put my entire platoon in the building in the courtyard and simply slugged it out with the Farmhouse.  Patience, it takes several turns, and did use the light mortar to take out the sniper team.  Then tried dropping the heavy mortar on the Depot - that was a failure.  Put smoke out, and under that cover got the entire platoon in position behind the rock walls to fire on the Luftwaffe position in the Depot.  I believe the piat got two hits on it during the firefight when the smoke cleared, but was able to eliminate all defenders there.  When the last Luftwaffe fell in the Depot, the Axis surrendered.  AAR:   NZ:  17 Men OK, 10 KIA, 3 WIA.  Luftwaffe:  2 Men OK, 8 KIA, 4 WIA.

• 2 years later...

Not sure it's needeed anymore but:

*** SPOILER ***

I got CMFI and addons 3 days ago and to start with it, I choose this small scenario thinking it was well suited for beginners... Oh man... I've made more than 20 attempts during all the week-end... and eventually succeeded. Even when you know the tips given by other mates in this thread it's still difficult.

In my case, I first killed the sniper using artillery, put a line of smoke between the train station and the farm, then sent all my 3 squads to the farm. However at mid way of the hill climb, I ordered one squad to face back and target the train station to suppress it while the smoke was vanishing, in order to allow the 2 other (or what remains of them) to assault the farm. When done, I had only 5 men remaining. During the prudent walk down of the hill, there was no enemy fire and I felt that the victory was assured. Indeed during the final assault of the train station middle house, I found 5 germans: 4 were broken and the 5th was quickly eliminated. Havin won this one, I now feel prepared for many other CMFI scenarios to come 😅

@JonS If I understand correctly you are the author of this scenario, so kudos to you!!! It is about subtle tactics and not about solving a puzzle since mates have achieved it in different ways, with variations for each way. Just one question: so BFC commissions some scenarios to community creators?

Wiki-Victory.png

Edited by Simicro

47 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Anyone knows a famous scenario similar to this one (ie small smap, limited number of units, hard to win) for CMFI or CMBN, and unanimously praised by the community?

Avanti!

Hard to win as the US. Nice to play as the Italian. I liked it a lot!

• 4 weeks later...