[Released] Weapon Skins 2.0

Cover2.jpg

Yes, that's right. It's finally finished! This new version revisits the textures in my previous mod, adds some additional weapons from the base game and adds all of the Commonwealth small arms. The texture modifications range from minor tweaks, such as sharpening up a muddy texture, changing the color hue or correcting inaccuracies, to texture reworks. I have also added three "showcase" scenarios to the download that lets you easily check out some of the changes in-game. You can also visit this thread to take a look at a few other things in the mod: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103760

Finally, I'd like to publicly thank LukeFF, who was a huge help in providing feedback, testing and contributing source photographs.

Up for immediate download at CMMODS and later at the repository. This mod is compatible with both CMBN 2.x and 1.X.

Here are a few screens of what I'm most proud of accomplishing. First up are three new M1s. All are based off of existing Garands.

0VxktvD.jpg

kzlrpzO.jpg

X4FyuA8.jpg

Second is the Vickers. There are four Vickers variations in the mod; a green water jacket with/without a water jacket cover and a black water jacket with/without a water jacket cover.

C1HJX28.jpg

Enjoy!

Rambler:

Thank you and congratulations on completing this project, I know it was a long time coming! Personally speaking, I think your versions of the M1A1 carbine and M1903A4 knock it out of the park - you continue to have a great eye for detail.

So, when are you and LukeFF going to host a private range session and barbecue to let us all run some rounds through this mods real life counterparts?:D

@Waycool - Awesome, glad you're enjoying it!

@Luke - lol, better tell everyone to be careful with it :D.

@Erwin - Thanks, and you're welcome. That's right, the game will randomly select which texture to use. All you have to do is drop the mod in the Z folder and fire up the game.

@veralum - You're also welcome, and thanks! I don't know if it works with CMFI/GL, since I don't have them in order to see if it does. That being said, it should work as long as they didn't change any of the weapon file names. The only way to find out is to copy/paste the mod into your FI z folder and see what happens. I'd be curious to know what the results are.

@ Peter - Thanks! Sounds like a fun way to spend a day, guns and grillin'. We'll take care of the guns and ammo if you bring the burgers, brats and beer :D.

@Jorge - Thanks, man!

@Waycool - Awesome, glad you're enjoying it!

@Luke - lol, better tell everyone to be careful with it :D.

@Erwin - Thanks, and you're welcome. That's right, the game will randomly select which texture to use. All you have to do is drop the mod in the Z folder and fire up the game.

@veralum - You're also welcome, and thanks! I don't know if it works with CMFI/GL, since I don't have them in order to see if it does. That being said, it should work as long as they didn't change any of the weapon file names. The only way to find out is to copy/paste the mod into your FI z folder and see what happens. I'd be curious to know what the results are.

@ Peter - Thanks! Sounds like a fun way to spend a day, guns and grillin'. We'll take care of the guns and ammo if you bring the burgers, brats and beer :D.

@Jorge - Thanks, man!

Yes Rambler they work in CMFI, no probs and they look great. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Rambler,

This is strange? I installed your weapons skins 2.0 and the three showcase scenarios,

Look's great. and the three showcase scenarios showed up in my CMBN-CW Ver 2.01.

Then I installed your weapons skins 2.0 in my CMBN-CW Ver 1.11 and installed the 3 showcase

scenarios in my scenario Folder but they don't show up when start Ver 1.11? under battles?

I checked my scenario Folder and they are there?

Zane.

You're only having problems with the showcase scenarios in 1.11, not the mod itself, correct? Try taking out the underscore in the filename first, and see if that helps. If not, see if you can open them in the scenario editor and then resave it.

• 9 months later...