Diplomacy with Assault on Communism?

There seems to be only Turkey (no diplomacy in the Japanese scenario) and you have to pay 100 MPP for a chance of 1 (ONE) %. So with 5 Chits for 500 MPP you have a maximum of 5 % chance every turn.

I think it's safe to say that it is not worth it at all. If you want to move through Turkey, you need war!

There is diplomacy with AoC. Check out the Walkthrough. I discuss it and the Turkey option.

Specifically you can perform diplomacy on Turkey and Persia... though it is usually easier for Russia to invade Persia.

Historically Turkey wanted nothing to do with WW2. That's why its so hard to get them. They played a balancing act trying to keep both sides off their backs throughout the war.

Also for one side or the other to get them is a fairly big advantage.

You could beef up the diplomacy section quite a bit if you would get creative.

Why not using diplomacy for other things but to convice a country into your alliance?

Convoy lines, tech advances, winning conditions, WINTER EFFECT, MALTA EFFECT, allied stratigic bombing offensive, early allied invasion (1943), etc. etc. etc.

That very much overcomplicates an already complicated game.

Strat bombing is already in there.

Other theatres are possible but think about it. As the Germans in a one front game with no intelligent western ally wouldn't you just pull everything out of Africa and maybe some units in France to crush the USSR in 41/42?

In many board wargames like World in Flames and ETO/PTO there is a simple strategy that gives the Axis the largest chance to win. Its called the "KILL RUSSIA" strategy where they through everything at Russia but leave enough of a force to deter or slow the allies. After all if Russia falls who will stop Germany?

So its very difficult to script and balance.

I ment the allied strategic bombing offensive.

I'm talking about off map action, which could influence income, National Morale, Decision Events, production lines, prices, etc.

In short: decision events which needs to be triggered via diplomacy advances.

remove a country flagg and call the "country" allied sub hunting groups.

The "diplomacy" percantage could affect how much or how little convoy income the USSR could get.

This is just an example, all i'm asking for is to try to use the game engine as creative as possible. And whith all the inactive country slots in the diplomacy menu, well, for me this looks like an opportunity to add something brilliant, or something new to the game. It is not always nescessary to get a new game engine. Sometime all you need is to use the game engine in a new way.

I grew up with the Commodore C64. And during the lifetime of this computers i saw absolutly awesome things on this machine. Just because programmers used the very limited powers of this computer in new and creative ways. There first games (early 80ies) and the later games (later 80ies) of this computer look like they come from different machines, but they don't. Only the designers and programmers got better and better. They squeezed more and more out of the limited abilities of the C64.

Later computer systems and programmers abandoned this way, asking the customers to buy faster or better computer instead. That is when the tech race started (you need more RAM, you need a faster CPU, you need a new graphic card. Every year).

:)

I'm actually quite fine with the fact that it's really only the Eastern front you can influence. Makes me feel like just being "the guy" who gets his job - defeat Soviets - and has to make do with what he has :D

I'm definitely playing on your court, xwood, exactly right, the diplomacy model with decision events is way under utilized. It's really where a lot of the abstraction of the conflict could be modeled.

Of course, on the other hand, the beauty of SC is that it also excels in the operational theater aspects of WW2 and that will appeal to the desires of players like bob that want to role play. I've got to say that I appreciate both and I hope that when SC3 is laid before us it retains much of the brilliance that SC has garnished with the past releases.